šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - July 28

Itā€™s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
ARABIA ARCHIPELAGO ARENA VALLEY

Now itā€™s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) additional maps that youā€™d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on July 28!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2020-07-26T19:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: July 28

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Donā€™t forget to click the ā€˜Vote now!ā€™ button at the bottom of the post once youā€™ve locked in your choices.

• Acropolis
  • Cenotes
  • Four Lakes
  • Ghost Lake
  • Hill Fort
  • Kilimanjaro
  • Land Nomad
  • MegaRandom
  • Ravines

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this weekā€™s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

9 Likes

Maybe itā€™s just me, but I feel that in general closed maps (or easy wallables at least) are preferredā€¦
In my opinion, open and aggressive maps are cooler idk

8 Likes

I really like Hill Top, I hope it gets more love.

1 Like

Land Nomad is so much fun,hope it gets more votes. Also,i think all maps should be up for voting,not just a shortlist.

4 Likes

Is Archipelago a bad version of Islands?

Diffiicult to vote for this poll. I like most maps and i cant really choice.

What time? Previous rotation was already July 15 (not 14) for most users. Will this be around the same time as previous rotation? So i guess this rotation will be live at July 29 for most users.

What is this democracy where the worst maps that could land in the mappool from the maps rotateable and open for vote are set by developers to be set in the mappool. Nice PR move, that people feel like they have something to say and are busy every two weeks. But it doesnt really adress the heart of the problem. Mongols-fest Valley and weird Archepilago are maps that lead to Mountain Pass and Bog Islands-like boring one civ metas.

3 Likes

Whereā€™s Islands?! 9 out of 9 maps available to vote for are land mapsā€¦ Please, may I not even cast my vote for the map I want? Islands or Migration or some full water map please!

1 Like

Archipelago looks like a pretty good hybrid map and 4 corners is in the vote.

1 Like

People that vote megarandom for 1v1 :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

1 Like

Archipelago is already a full water map, compareable to Islands. The devs already picked this map. Archipelago and Islands is kind of 2 times the same map. That is not needed. Full water maps arent that popular.

I like the map for 1v1 as for team games.
But i havent voted for this map.

2 Likes

Archipelago is a hybrid, not a full water map, both players are on the same land mass. So no, you are wrong: they are not ā€œkind of 2 times the same mapā€ - not that people who dislike water maps could necessarily even tell the difference - itā€™s not uncommon that sometimes they have never even played the maps they dislike but just judge it based on the thumbnail.

Yeah I know they are not popular. I didnā€™t demand it be in the map pool. I expressed my disappointment at not being able to vote for it. Imagine thereā€™s an election and you want to vote for the 0.1% party. Of course you know itā€™s probably not getting the top spot but youā€™re not even allowed to cast your vote for it even though it exists.

To me there is a difference to inserting whatever I want straight to the results and being able to cast my vote for whatever I want. If I want to cast my vote for something (despite, very correctly it being not popular), is that the same as wanting it to to be put in the map pool straight away? Well to me it isnā€™t. If I want to complain that I canā€™t vote for it, am I automatically at the same time complaining that it is not in the map pool or automatically at the same time denying that it isnā€™t popular? I donā€™t think so

If you think so, I respectfully agree to disagree.

As for that the devs already had Islands, you are correct! They did have Islands for a few weeks recently. I think I played a total 10 something hours of ranked 1v1s during that period, I never had Islands banned and I always used all bans. Guess how many times I got to play Islands? 0. So yes indeed you are very much correct that it is probably not a very popular map, if it makes you any happier yet to get more vindication on this!

Yes, I still want to vote for it.
Yes, I am still voicing my disappointment at not being able to vote for it.
Yes, I know that Islands is not popular.
Yes, I know that many people think a lot of water maps are just water maps and I acknowledge that I in fact am not in alignment with those people and I disagree with them. Saying Islands and Archipelago are the same is like saying Arabia and Arena are the same (they both are full land mapsā€¦ so there we have 2 copies of the same map in the map pool, right?)
Yes, despite of the fact that I am in a small minority, I still want to be able to vote for Islands.

People all seem to hate Nomad maps and itā€™s so upsetting because theyā€™re my favourite :frowning:

1 Like

The main issue people have (and have had) with Archipelago over the years is that it has weird and unpredictable map generation for a standard map. Sometimes you will spawn together with the enemy on an island, sometimes on separate Islands. Thatā€™s why it can be a bit unpredictable, and also the extra islands can be unbalanced, some with extra res being closer to one player etcā€¦

I have generate some maps (20-30) and i havent seen much unbalanced maps. Maybe just 1-2 at most. Most maps seems just island, but sometimes it is connected.

This is part of the map and something you have to deal with. You know this if you play this map, so this cant be an issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.