🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - May 04

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
ARABIA ARCHIPELAGO ARENA GOLDEN PIT

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-05-02T19:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: May 4

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Bogland
  • Choice_2 Fortress
  • Choice_3 Four Lakes
  • Choice_4 Mediterranean
  • Choice_5 MegaRandom
  • Choice_6 Mountain Ridge
  • Choice_7 Socotra
  • Choice_8 Steppe
  • Choice_9 Valley

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

3 Likes

Nomad or Land Nomad should always be available!!!

15 Likes

Where’s hideout :sob: Second time without it

2 Likes

I wonder how many games of Socotra you can actually play without the opponent alt f4.

@BBQTurkman Does the dev team have any plan to resolve this issue?

1 Like

I just looked up Bogland. Apparently, you do not start with a Town Center, but you do with a Mill and a Watch Tower on a hill. Makes no sense 11, so naturally I voted for it.

4 Likes

That has to be a map gen failure. The TC should be on the hill. I don’t hate that map, but the random bits of unbuildable terrain can be frustrating!

You start with extra wood to build a Town Center, just like in Nomad, so I don’t think it is a map gen failure.

Yeah, the unbuildable terrain is unnecessary.

1 Like

Ah. I confused it with ravines. Well, I welcome any map that nerfs walling😅

While I completely agree that Nomad should be a permanent map for TG (it has a very high playrate there) I am not so sure about 1v1. (Nomad doesn’t have a high pickrate in 1v1 ranked.)

However, it seems that since a couple of rotations ago there is always one map with a nomad style start available in the given or vote in mappool. (This time it is steppe).

3 Likes

A fun April Fools Day gag would have been to include Forest Nothing in the April map rotation.

3 Likes

Well there was some guy talking about michi added to the map pool :smiley:

Insta ban all nomad like maps, but it is part of the game too so glhf

Yes, Nomad should always be included. They can delete the bastardized versions for all I care.

They nailed it with the original map/civ pools, too many now.

Megarandom should be with arabia and arena as a permanent map

based on what? its got a 1.5% playrate. clearly it isn’t that popular.

based on my will Kappa

2 Likes

Best argument ever :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They should perhaps consider a 5 map pool (2 bans) instead of 7/3. It would in theory reduce variation, which would lead to less altf4, which would in fact increase variation.

People like to know what they are doing and the introduction of 3-4 new maps every 3 weeks creates too much uncertainty, so players stick to Arabia or Arena where they are comfortable. Having to learn one map per rotation I believe would make players more open to it than 3-4. You would also see the same maps more frequently which creates more opportunity for learning.

Arabia
Arena
Hybrid (Four Lakes, Golden Swamp, Baltic, etc)
Land (Hideout, Serengetti, Oasis, etc)
Gimmick (MR, Nomad)

2 Likes

Quitting for not liking the map is most likely a team game issue. If it is done by a 1v1, then it is most likely a smurf that wants to drop his rating and it isnt done at when the map is picked, but when the game is started.

Most non fixed maps are pretty much repeated over and over again. All 5 non fixed maps in this voting have made an appearance in a previous map pool. It is not like all 5 maps are completely new every week.

Also new maps arent completely different compared to other maps. There is just a set of strategy that work on almost every open map or almost every closed map. So having to learn 3-4 maps every 2 weeks is a bit over the top.

1 Like