🗳 VOTE NOW! Team Game Ranked Map Rotation - August 25!

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next Team Game Ranked Map Pool! Here are SIX of the NINE (total) maps already coming planned for the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4 MAP 5 MAP 6
ARABIA ARENA BLACK FOREST MOUNTAIN RIDGE NOMAD TEAM ISLANDS

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) additional maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on August 25!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2020-08-23T19:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: August 25!

VOTE: TEAM GAME RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Budapest
  • Gold Rush
  • Hill Fort
  • Lombardia
  • Mediterranean
  • Megarandom
  • Ravines
  • Salt Marsh
  • Steppe

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

5 Likes

Megarandom please!

And i think ravines is a pile of dung that favours mongols (and arguably goths) too much.

1 Like

:thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

I wanna choose 3 on whole map list, not on the dev’s chosen 9 maps

3 Likes

The winner maps wouldn’t have many more votes than the next top maps, there are many maps to choose from and not too many voters.

1 Like

YES! Team islands! Thanks!

4 Likes

Megarandom please, I really like the extra challenge to adapt to the unknown

4 Likes

In some map update the maximum possible hunt on MegaRandom got reduced. Mongols are no longer (too) favored, though it is true for every civilization that you can get lucky or unlucky with your combination of map/civilization.

1 Like

Remove the second TC on Budapest please.

1 Like

Thats kind of the point of the map…

3 Likes

I like the layout of this map, but don’t like additional TC.
Why is it necessary? It seems giving unnecessary advantages to certain civs.
Remove the additional TC in next update please…!
:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Every map gives some civ advantages. The two cc start is what makes Budapest the map it is

Asking to remove two cc from Budapest is like asking to remove center gold on gold rush, etc

2 Likes

It’s different. The central gold give the Gold rush an actual strategic meaning about map control. But I don’t see any point to reduce the villagers creation time on Budapest. Basically you can add addition TC on all random maps like applying turbo mode or Empire Wars mode on any map.

I feel it is like an amateur map creator who have run out of idea to make his map look more unique, and was thinking “how about adding an extra TC on my map? It would make my map cooler and more different than other map!”

The layout of Budapest has already made it unique enough, adding redundant TC is really unnecessary imo.

1 Like

Budapest is a city divided in two half-cities. I think that’s why the maphas that name. Plus, it’s been like that since forever and it’s a what’s make the map different

5 Likes

okay since you clearly aren’t in the know, and are refusing to take “no” for an answer, i’ll give you the long version.
Budapest as a map is named because Budapest was two cities that became one.

The history of Budapest began when an early Celtic settlement transformed into the Roman town of Aquincum,[16][17] the capital of Lower Pannonia.[16] The Hungarians arrived in the territory in the late 9th century,[18] but the area was pillaged by the Mongols in 1241–42.[19] Re-established Buda became one of the centres of Renaissance humanist culture by the 15th century.[20][21][22] The Battle of Mohács, in 1526, was followed by nearly 150 years of Ottoman rule.[23] After the reconquest of Buda in 1686, the region entered a new age of prosperity, with Pest-Buda becoming a global city after the unification of Buda, Óbuda, and Pest on 17 November 1873, with the name ‘Budapest’ given to the new capital.

thus, the two TC start is CENTRAL to why the bloody map has its name in the first place, and removing that would be akin to removing the gold on gold rush. or other such changes to maps.
and the gold does indeed give that map a different strategic element. just like the two TCs give Budapest a strategic element.

3 Likes

I didn’t know the orgin of Budapest in the real world. But after knowing this history, it is still extremely weird that each player has 2 TCs to represent Buda and Pest. It feels like everyone has their own Budapests, and compete to claim their Budapests are the true Budapests. If you want historical accuracy, you should just make a real world map.

I simply don’t like maps with irregular start. Why do people think controlling double TCs/villagers/scouts and manipulating double sheeps at different locations at the start is fun? I guess some people never thought about it. Or they just vote for the most weird maps, and end up playing their favorite Arabia and Arena.

1 Like

Then ban it. It’s like claiming they should remove wall from arena because I don’t like closed maps, or dry the baltic because ai don’t lile hybrid maps

2 Likes

Great idea, remove the central gold on gold rush, and we have another arabia variant. Please implement.

I can’t ban all the maps with irregular start. I will play everything I get anyway. I just can’t help remembering the people trying to find a place to build a dock when they really get Socotra the first time.

You know we have soooo many hybrid and water maps: Coastal, Baltics, Scandinavia, Gold swamp, City of lakes, Rivers, Sand bank… Why Budapest? Why this one? I don’t believe the majority really know this map… I have never seen people host this map in the lobby. There must be something wrong…

1 Like