šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! Team Game Ranked Map Rotation - July 14

I disagree about not fixing Black Forest in TG. Itā€™s a great map for noobs to learn how to boom, attack, defend and plan how to play as a team.

4 Likes

Megarandom maps are really fun. But obviously not for build order monkeys who donā€™t think out of the box.

5 Likes

true, if you can only do one strat that is optimized for a specific map, that wont work too well on MR

When there are 8 players, 4 lakes, two players per lake, itā€™s a hel of a lot more difficult and impractical to try and sneak a villager over to dock. In a team game setting the map is the same as arabia but with a free fish boom for everyone. Four lakes is a perfectly fine and fun 1v1 map but I donā€™t think it belongs in a team game map pool. At least leave it for the community to vote instead of definitively integrating it in.

3 Likes

a mi me encanto la opciĆ³n que nos brindan al poder elegir ciertas cosas como los mapas, estoy muy agradecido y espero que sigan haciendo que los jugadores compartamos nuestra opiniĆ³n al respecto de los detalles de futuras actualizaciones.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s a great map for noobs. Thatā€™s why it shouldnā€™t be in the ranked mappool. Competitive novice is an oxymoron

Iā€™ll agree with those ones who ask why Black Forest is a pinned map, really, itā€™s a boring map after all this time. You could replace it with some special map either.

1 Like

I love megarandom, even though it can occasionally be very difficult (multiple tcs :wink:

And I am sad to see that the community picked pure arabia clones for the additional maps (serengeti and cenotes). When the community is given majority wins voting we just end up with ARABIA and closely related maps, and that is all because on average they come out on top :frowning: (evidence: look at 1v1 map pool voting)

1 Like
  1. Too few options! Please give us more hybrid map options like Coastal, Continental, Scandinavia, Mediterranean, Yucatan. There are over 40 maps in the archive but we only have 9 options and only 2 new maps? Lame!

2. There is no need to have pinned maps since people can votes multiple maps. Blackforest is pinned? Stop kidding!

3. Please move this voting event into the game because not everyone understand English and visit the English official forum! And all opinions matter!

3 Likes

Again I have to disagree with you. Iā€™d say, based on ELO, that half of players who play ranked games are novice/noobs and are trying to get better. It doesnā€™t need to be a high skilled game to be competitive. Anyway, you can just ban BF

3 Likes

Because it is presently the only chance for a decent water map in team ranked.

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

2 Likes

Please leave gold rush as it is and put land nomad into the community map pool which is decided by voting.

1 Like

Also, this is a must - community voting on maps MUST happen in game, and obviously be localized.

Although leaving it like this is a great way to get people to sign in and use the forums, which Iā€™m sure was your intention :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can ban anymap. That doesnā€™t mean anything. And everyone want to get better, but, believe me, Blavk forest doesnā€™t help. In BF your mistakes are not important, since you can boom ad infinitum, and your base is virtually impossible to invade until imperial age

1 Like

This is quite wrong imo.
BF is actually a competitive map if extra boars and lakes are somewhat balanced. It may not be enjoyable for a lot of higher rated players, but it still is competitive and was even part of large tournaments ( with a bit fixed versions regarding lakes/extra boars).

Now if it needs a fixed spot or not I dont care really.

1 Like

I like some of the responds in this thread. Some think the pool need only make sense for the elite 5% of players. Likely, this is not true. Personally i will almost always ban BF, but if users say that there is no place for BF in the map pool, i just laugh. BF is after Arabia the most played map at Voobly / DE. Based on that achievement there is just a place for BF in the map pool.

1 Like

MegaRandom should never be a permanent map. Itā€™s a total joke, and 99% of the time whatever random situation the game starts you with doesnā€™t help or hinder you, it just makes the game extremely annoying.

Perhaps if the algorithm for how MegaRandom generates random maps were to be improved, then maybe. But MegaRandom in its current state should not be there.

1 Like

Iā€™m 1200 1v1 elo player. Iā€™m not a good player. Just average. And a lot of people of my level think BF sucks. ā– ā– ā– ā– , even lower ELO players thinks aswell. Both forest nothing and Michi are more played in voobly than Islands, or lombardia. Do you think those maps also deserve to be in the competitive ranked as well?

Look it from other perspective : a guy that only played arabia in voobly could play any other land map decently. On the other hand, BF players would get crushed in any other map.

Iā€™m not talking about popularity. Iā€™m talking about competitiveness. Any decent player would prefer other map before BF.

1 Like

1200 elo means your rating is higher than 75-80% of all players. I dont think i would consider that as average :wink:
And did you read that i hate BF as well? I dont like that map and i would ban that map. So it is clearly not that i enjoy playing BF. I really dont like that map.

Based on the history of the game i conclude the game has 4 iconic maps:

1. Arabia
  2. Black Forest
  3. Nomad
  4. Arena

These maps are played the most (Source: https://aocrecs.com/maps). In this order. The play rate of all other maps are just much lower. The stats for HD would probably about the same. Again the same maps will be the maps with the highest play rate. Those maps had all a big fan base, so why would you exclude this popular maps from the map pool? Being part of this ā€˜Big fourā€™ is for me enough to understand why Black forest is part of the map pool. There is a reason why these maps were played the most at Voobly.

And again: I even dont like BF, i will ban it. But i understand why it is in the map pool.

8 Likes