🗳 VOTE NOW! Team Game Ranked Map Rotation - July 28

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next Team Game Ranked Map Pool! Here are SIX of the NINE (total) maps already coming planned for the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4 MAP 5 MAP 6
ARABIA ARENA BLACK FOREST LAND NOMAD SCANDINAVIA WOLF HILL

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) additional maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on July 28!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2020-07-26T19:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: July 28

VOTE: TEAM GAME RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Baltic
  • Ghost Lake
  • MegaRandom
  • Mongolia
  • Mountain Ridge
  • Nomad
  • Oasis
  • Serengeti
  • Valley

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

8 Likes

I was like: Mountain Ridge??? What is this map?? Then I created some random maps in the editor and decided I’m gonna vote on this for sure 11

7 Likes

Don’t vote for oasis please

12 Likes

Why is Wolf Hill a fixed choice…does anyone enjoy Wolf Hill? Or do they just want to test out the new relic button for monks?

9 Likes

Is it like killamanjaro?

Oh ya Wolf Hill is back so I can recover all of the lost ELO as Lithuanians :slight_smile:

you will only play arabia, its useless voting :stuck_out_tongue:

It kind of looks like that map. based on the hill in the middle. Hill doesnt contain trees, but gold, stone and deer. Ponds are also farther away and contains more shore fish. Number of shore fish for each player seems pretty imbalanced.

The map seems pretty fun, but i think they need to fix some randomness in the map gen for the small ponds with shorefish.

Yeah, is map is pretty bad. Seems more like a map to play with friends when drunk, than a competative map for the map pool too me…

1 Like

I need more naval maps… :nauseated_face:
Vote Baltic please… :cry:
You can set Arabia as preferred map later anyway… :sob:

1 Like

Do you guys like the 2 week rotation rate?

To be honest I did not get to play all of the maps from this pool that I wanted to play and now I am already voting on the next mappool.
I preferred the monthly rotation cycle especially now that because of the map voting and preferred map selection you end up on undesired maps less often …

But maybe that is just a personal preference…

3 Likes

Yes, i also much rather prefer monthly cycles. 2 weeks is just to quick for me. I also havent been able to play all different maps. I think you need to have time to play each map multiple times, so you can figure out what strategies work / not work.

1 Like

I don’t think so.
Actually these are all old maps. Two weeks are just fine.

And now you can set preferred map. It means you can stay in the comfort zone forever.

Still not happy?

For a player who really want to play various maps like me, this pool is far from ok.

I guess I will continue to stay in the lobby…wait hours for just one game.

Why never Islands? Everyone love islands and team islands!!

1 Like

Even if I was drunk, I would have more fun passing out and hitting my head on the keyboard than playing that clown map…

I would prefer a monthly rotation too, but 2 weeks is also just fine - it’s not a big deal.

What does bother me is that terrible maps are part of the rotation that cannot be changed by community vote.

**In my opinion, the maps which have large dedicated pre-existing followings and are generally liked by large portions of the community i.e. Arabia, Arena, Black Forest, should be permanent choices, and the community should be allowed to vote for all 6 remaining maps.

In fact I would just let the community vote for all 9 maps. What would be the downside in allowing the community to do this? If the maps which are most voted are chosen by the community it means the developers are giving the players who actually play the game what they want.**

That might be true for 1v1, but it’s definitely not trut for team ranked map. If I set a preference in 4v4, there’s 7 other preferences to take into account, and I very rarely get the map I have preferred as favourite, even though the devs said it would be much more likely that I would.

So actually it doesn’t work yet properly.

It isnt really popular at all…

That is what i meant to say; not suited for the map pool.

The downside would be that you could end up with a rotation without Arabia being available at all.
This is still just a vote, bound to a microsoft account. You don’t need to be an active player, or even own the game at all to be able to vote.

Even though I think Arabia is the best map I wouldn’t mind playing whichever Maps were voted by the community as the most popular Maps since I know that that is what the players prefer he nothing is being forced on us.

In regards to to being able to vote without an account or without out the actual game as I said it elsewhere just changed the voting so that it happens in Game in the client and not on the forum.