šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! Team Game Ranked Map Rotation - May 18

Itā€™s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next Team Game Ranked Map Pool! Here are SIX of the NINE (total) maps already coming planned for the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4 MAP 5 MAP 6
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4 Example_5 Example_6
ARABIA ARENA BLACK FOREST MEGARANDOM TEAM ISLANDS TEAM MOATS

Now itā€™s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) additional maps that youā€™d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-05-16T19:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: May 18

VOTE: TEAM GAME RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Donā€™t forget to click the ā€˜Vote now!ā€™ button at the bottom of the post once youā€™ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Acropolis
  • Choice_2 African Clearing
  • Choice_3 Crater
  • Choice_4 Crossroads
  • Choice_5 Ravines
  • Choice_6 Seize the Mountain
  • Choice_7 Steppe
  • Choice_8 Volcanic Island
  • Choice_9 Yucatan

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this weekā€™s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

Pls make nomad a permanent map. So annoying to have rotation without it.

19 Likes

Are the Devs ignoring this on purpose.
Practically no one plays megarandom, but nomad gets the most upvotes most of the time.
At least put one nomad map in the standard rotation, please.

8 Likes

To be fair I like megarandom too.

3 Likes

Hey I just check but the African Clearing is a nomade map

3 Likes

Yes, it is a small compensation, a fun map as well, but it is not the classic Nomad map.

2 Likes

the maps for this rotation are intentionally asking for alt-f4

8 Likes

Worst options ever. How an I supposed to vote beetween maps I never played?

just go by the COMPLETELY ACCURATE mini pictures.
(bases still have the wrong color)

f.e. on moats its looks like u spawn super close to your enemy, but well at least u can deduct from the name of the map that u spawn with ur team. On other maps ur lost when u trust the picture

Take 5 minutes to go in aoe2 with some IA (to see how your allies/ennemy would start) and try every map, just put everything visible, it took me less then 5 minutes to see what the maps have to offer.

1 Like

You can achieve this even more easily in the scenario editor. Just set the number of players to 8, select random map under ā€˜mapā€™ and just reroll a certain map over and over again. You can easily get some map gens.

1 Like

Thanks, didnā€™t think about it, will do for the next roll.

TOTALLY Right they need to approve minimum 3x bans as we keep waiting and finding wrong matches sometimes up to 25minutes before getting a game started after 3x cancellation.

1 Like

What a horrible map pool. Team Islands. Team Moats. Indians-only-Nomadā€¦ At least Steppe isnt winning too.

I do not get it. They are promoting EW because dark age is slow, and then they keep rotating Nomad maps which are the slowest unless there is a villager fight, which then ends the game minute 3 and the rest of the players dont usually get to participate in.

FeelsAltf4Man

3 Likes

refusing to vote because Nomad is not an option.

2 Likes

Completely agree. It has 0.87% play rate on TGs. Just put Nomad in there (~10%), it would make more sense.

And a few extra bans for TG soloQ, please, because I hate it xD

3 Likes

but its not Nomad. Land nomad is a ā€œnomadā€ map, but is wildly different from Nomad

People love nomad, most other nomad start type maps they will play but not to the level that people love standard nomad

Nomad is to nomad start players what Arabia is to open RM players

2 Likes

Which makes it even more absurd that they put 2 ā€œnomad startā€ maps into the voting poll instead of the freaking Nomad map that 10% of the playerbase like.

But then if they do people will come here to complain about the lack of variation and whatnot. Cant please everyone it seems.

2 Likes

I think possible to do both. Just more maps into each rotationā€¦ there are so many unutilized maps from previous contests etc.

I do. And i want a meme-garandom pro torurnament woth random civs and random prices.