Wallachians should be part of AoE II Definitive Edition!

Again why do you think that the game need more civs especially with 6 new ones in 1 year and many of them were just a courtyards/villages?!

Because Wallachians weren’t a courtyard/village. Because they were one of the most important civilizations for centuries, way over others that are in the game. Because they are distinct. Because their rich history grants them that. Because they are not Magyars or Slavs, they are completely different and account for a big region of Europe, bigger and more important than those of other civilizations in the game.

4 Likes

I don’t care about what civ you want, i am asking why do you think the game need new civs after we got 6 new ones?!

I told you above. If you need another reason, then here it is: diversity. I know, you’ll them me it has plenty of it with so many civilizations, but not having the Wallachians, who occupied a vast territory and made an impact in the Middle Ages, it’s something that the game lacks at the moment and should fix. If you ask me, they were deserving of being part of the original Age of Empires II.

3 Likes

Honestly as someone who is all for new civs we should venture outside Europe for the next few DLC. Africa, South Asia and America all need love

4 Likes

I already made a post about them and I strongly agree that they should be in the game with the poles the serbs and maybe the georgians in a new DLC : Defenders of the Faith bc they were all christian kingdoms which fought against the Ottoman Empire and other muslim factions

1 Like

Well, the Wallachians, just like how the burgundians killed a lot of France’s nobleman, the Wallachians slowed the Ottoman advance into europe with at least 200-300 years under Stephan the great, vlad dracula, mircea the elder and michael the brave

1 Like

ok i agree that we should look outside europe for new civs but rlly new, most people know nothing about the true people and leaders of a civ, what they have done during their lifetimes and so on. This means that if u will give a asian civ to the game instead an civ from europe with the same bonuses ( if both were preety similar and were good with cav or archers) The people wont care about anything. My point is that it doesnt matter where the civ is from bc u arent going to read hundreads of pages about that civs history plus that most people dont even know what some people such as Justinian the Great, Mansa Musa, Nobunaga, how Genghis Khan raised 2 power and so on even did.

Glad to see there are people who share my views and know how important the Wallachians were for Medieval Europe and the continent’s development. This was and continues to be overlooked by many even today.

2 Likes

Well, i am part of the romanian comunity so ofc i rlly know how important wallachia was

1 Like

No one seems to remember albanians who were similar in fighting ottoman.they too are not slavic.

1 Like

I don’t see a reason to add a very specific regional tag like the vlachs when they are already represented by the slavs. There are more important missing civs, like the georgians, and armenians.

1 Like

Wallachians aren’t Slavs. Please stop from saying they are one and the same, guys.

1 Like

The Vlachs arent “regional”, I can say the same thing about georgia or armenia, they are only the casucasus and they already appear as persians and byzantines in tamerlane 5, in the same manner as u say that we need georgia/armenia i say that we need wallachia

Yes, slavs represent the kieven rus, the guys that genghis khan fought in russia. The Vlachs are very interesting as a civ becouse they fought a lot of civs that are already in the game: turks, bulgars, magyars, lithuanians, cumans, tatars, byzantines and so on

1 Like

The only people represented by Slavs are the Rus.

Same reason we need Poles and Bohemians, possibly Croats.

3 Likes

Bohemians swiss poles serbs croats albanians romanians finns im sure there are more missing from europe but we cant have them all in game.

Wallachians are Romanians. They have nothing to do with the Slavs - except that they are adjacent to them.

For those who don’t know:
Hungarians and Romanians are peoples surrounded by Slavs. They are not, but many people ignore this fact.

Besides, the Slavs present in the game do not even represent all Slavs, but only Kievan Ruthenia (the progenitor of the East Slavic nations). What right can they represent Wallachians, if they cannot represent Poles, Czechs, Serbs and Croats?

Hopefully more people, Romanians but not only, will support this. I firmly believe there’s a strong reason why Wallachians should be included in the game.

2 Likes

From what I noticed, Western people do not know and are not interested in the history and culture of Eastern Europe. They would themselves call the whole of Eastern Europe - the Slavic region. But if they did not get interested, it would suddenly turn out that even one civilization does not have the right to represent all Slavs - it is simply impossible in the times of AoE 2 (in AoE 1 you can do that). Besides, the Slavs cover a huge area, so it is logical that they could not maintain cultural and linguistic coherence. Hence, there is a division into three groups of Slavs: South Slavs, Western Slavs, and the only ones represented in this game - East Slavs.

Europe lacks at least two new Slavic civilizations (umbrellas for South and West Slavs) and Romanians, Georgians and Armenians.

Feel free to get interested in Eastern Europe. Only then to express myself on it. Are there full of European civs? - yes, but Western European civs are enough.

2 Likes

If you google slavic countries the whole eastern side shows up.Its similar to indian civi for an outsider entire sub continent is indian.