Wallachians should be part of AoE II Definitive Edition!

I don’t see a reason to add a very specific regional tag like the vlachs when they are already represented by the slavs. There are more important missing civs, like the georgians, and armenians.

1 Like

Wallachians aren’t Slavs. Please stop from saying they are one and the same, guys.

1 Like

The Vlachs arent “regional”, I can say the same thing about georgia or armenia, they are only the casucasus and they already appear as persians and byzantines in tamerlane 5, in the same manner as u say that we need georgia/armenia i say that we need wallachia

Yes, slavs represent the kieven rus, the guys that genghis khan fought in russia. The Vlachs are very interesting as a civ becouse they fought a lot of civs that are already in the game: turks, bulgars, magyars, lithuanians, cumans, tatars, byzantines and so on

1 Like

The only people represented by Slavs are the Rus.

Same reason we need Poles and Bohemians, possibly Croats.

3 Likes

Bohemians swiss poles serbs croats albanians romanians finns im sure there are more missing from europe but we cant have them all in game.

Wallachians are Romanians. They have nothing to do with the Slavs - except that they are adjacent to them.

For those who don’t know:
Hungarians and Romanians are peoples surrounded by Slavs. They are not, but many people ignore this fact.

Besides, the Slavs present in the game do not even represent all Slavs, but only Kievan Ruthenia (the progenitor of the East Slavic nations). What right can they represent Wallachians, if they cannot represent Poles, Czechs, Serbs and Croats?

Hopefully more people, Romanians but not only, will support this. I firmly believe there’s a strong reason why Wallachians should be included in the game.

2 Likes

From what I noticed, Western people do not know and are not interested in the history and culture of Eastern Europe. They would themselves call the whole of Eastern Europe - the Slavic region. But if they did not get interested, it would suddenly turn out that even one civilization does not have the right to represent all Slavs - it is simply impossible in the times of AoE 2 (in AoE 1 you can do that). Besides, the Slavs cover a huge area, so it is logical that they could not maintain cultural and linguistic coherence. Hence, there is a division into three groups of Slavs: South Slavs, Western Slavs, and the only ones represented in this game - East Slavs.

Europe lacks at least two new Slavic civilizations (umbrellas for South and West Slavs) and Romanians, Georgians and Armenians.

Feel free to get interested in Eastern Europe. Only then to express myself on it. Are there full of European civs? - yes, but Western European civs are enough.

2 Likes

If you google slavic countries the whole eastern side shows up.Its similar to indian civi for an outsider entire sub continent is indian.

The Slavs present in the game should only change their name to Rus.
There should be at least two new Slavic (umbrella) civilizations: West Slavs (Wends) and South Slavs (Serbo-Croatians).

New civs: Bengals and Vijayanagars

We no longer need Western European Civs, but we do need Eastern European Civs.

South and West Slavs umbrella civs, Romanians, Georgians and Armenians - that is definitely missing in this game.

5 new European Civs - no less.

Supplement Europe with these civilizations - and that’s enough. It will be possible to focus on the rest of the world (Africa, Asia and America).

2 Likes

Current wonder for indian civi is a vijayanagar building so no chance of getting them.

What problem is it to give them a new one?

No more Eastern Europeans civs pls (Except maybe the Bohemians).
Africa and Asia are the ones with missing civs

1 Like

Absolutely agree on this. I would be fine also if Romanians were to be included in the game, they are worthy of this and they would definitely bring something new and interesting to fans. Not to mention that more would get to know them and learn a lot of great things about them. Not having the Wallachians is in my opinion a big oversight which I hope will get fixed.

1 Like

I agree civilizations from other continents could and should be included in the game, but why I’m insisting for the Wallachians isn’t just due to their rich background and historical feats, but also because they should have been part of the original game civilizations more than two decades ago. Believe me, they would bring a lot of new feats that would put them above many civilizations already in the game.

1 Like

Without the ottomans they were not very active throughout the medieval era(correct me if Im wrong) if you take franks britons and teutons they were the top players throughout and beyond.

FALSE the valchs or wallachians fought also against people like magyars, poles, tatars, cumans, slavs, bulgarians and so on. there could also be a vlach campaign : The Unifiator about michael the brave who fought the habsburgs the poles the ottomans the transilvanians and the moldavians in order to unify all romanian kingdoms: Wallachia, Moldavia and transylvania

You missed the part when they were under the hungarian and ottoman rule for most of the time.

This is at the end of the games time period but amazing story tho.

1 Like

Fascinating to say the least. Their history is peppered with countless events, battles and stories that are worthy of being brought to the forefront. In the game they deserve more, especially making the Dracula campaign all about the Wallachians/Romanians. What’s the point in having one if it features civilizations that weren’t at the center of the story?

3 Likes