Wallachians should be part of AoE II Definitive Edition!

That is the main reason they will not get added.devs are not going to redo a story completely.

Hey! I designed a Coustume Vlach Civ:

I think that it would be very interesting as an actual civ in the game.
also the civ jingle is the following: Maria Tanase - Ciuleandra (versuri, lyrics, karaoke) - YouTube
The civ is 90% based on Wallachia, however it also has a few influences from the other romanian kingdoms: Transilvania and Moldavia

6 Likes

I admire your work!
Just a few concerns about the validity of the Foreign Aid Tech.

Also Berbers already have the discounted Knight cost and some here are gonna spaz about it.

The unique tech blocking attacks seems ok, and herdables not rotting would be alright too.

thx

I know that berbers already get the bonus but their bonus applies to all cav, the magyars also have a bonus that applies to the scout-line so i see no problem here

Thats the UU 11

2 Likes

yeah my bad oopsies.

Can’t tell you how much I love this! Spectacular work, super impressive! I was thinking of doing the same at some point this week, but there’s no need for it anymore as what you did is stunning.

The development guys should have a look here and give this a thought, either for a full civilization or a campaign! I for one would be a massive fan of this civilization, it’s almost perfect, but in a good way not a flawless one.

What’s your idea for a castle? Bran? Or is there another one more defining for the era? I think it fits, especially with Vlad Dracula being one of the rulers.

2 Likes

Well, I am sorry for taking away from u the pleasure of creating a civ like this

Well, i think that bran is more than a normal castle but could work
Also I have thought to rename the peasant militia with Haiduc and 2 give them another UU: the priestess: 50 gold, 2 times the healing rate, 20 hp, can pick up relics

1 Like

Having the Wallachians would be a good thing for the game for a number of reasons, one of the most important being marketing (not to mention they would bring new and unique stuff). Imagine the things you could build around Vlad the Impaler and his times, there’s an entire scenario waiting to be brought to life there.

2 Likes

Incase you havent played its already done only thing that can be done is replace slavs with romanians.

1 Like

I know what you’re talking about, but it’s not the same. Besides, my point was that the game should have Wallachians as civilizations, especially if you have Bulgarians, Cumans or Huns (which to be fair, aren’t a Middle Age civilization).

2 Likes

Wallachians getting added is very unlikely because of the official campaign,besides eastern europe is already covered now.

1 Like

An official campaign that isn’t about Wallachians. This tells you anything you need to know.

Don’t agree with Eastern Europe being already covered. There’s still plenty of Eastern European civilizations worthy of being added to the game.

1 Like

You are contradicting yourself now.

very unlikely but not impossible, plus that they can just let slavs in the dracula campaign and add vlachs in another campaign which i suggested in another comment about a vlach civ ( tech tree, language, etc)

1 Like

What campaigns would you suggest?

Vaslui, Targoviste Night Attack, Posada, Rovine? These could be solid candidates, I know each were of great importance and had a major impact at that time.

I already said in the vlach civ idea that we could either have The Unifier( Michael the Brave) or Wallachia: Historical Battles where i included 5 battles: Nicopolis, posada, targoviste, rovine and vaslui

Yes, you did. Sorry about that.

Anyway, at this point, if the Wallachians were not to be added to the new civilizations, I would be happy even with a campaign 100% focused on their history and feats.

If they had not added the Wallachians (or Romanians), I think the Hungarians would have represented them best. Even in Dracula’s campaign.

No, not a chance. You can’t say about Hungarians that they could represent the Romanians. They are completely different, very distinct civilizations and cultures, and have few things in common.

magyares are actually an intrestin g choice, i agree with them however they have hca and paladin, units which the vlachs never used, however removing them from tech tree would be ok to me i guess