Walls and gates

First off: It took me 3 hours to get register and not sure I can get back in again (3 new accounts + synch - I remember Xbox-Live when we fired up our 360 lots of years ago but that was also the last time.) Maybe this makes me a PC elitist but since this is AOE I dont see the need for it

I have loved the original AOM but was wishing the AI would use walls (only played random maps no multiplayer). Watching the videos on the latest update, this is still not the case and I dont understand why this is

The game could easily have a classic mode and two options for DE: graphical and gameplay (like the change to farms and reseeding) - why cannot the AI be allowed to build walls in the latter?

Gates would be only icing on the top for players, but would help with the implementation for the AI. The concept of AI building walls as well gates has been tested in AOE 2, worked well and has been remade multiple times, why shouldn’t a DE version incorporate it?

Players interested in competitive games or just nostalgia would play classic only and maybe activate the graphical DE option but the rest can enjoy a modern version of the game. I assume there are a lot of us but most are not visible in statistic due to various reasons (no accounts :wink:

I wanted to write this when the game originally came out but didnt muster the time and energy to login but got encouraged since a new update came out, so sorry for the long text: wanted to get this out of me

Otherwise I would be happy to purchase the game (even thouhg I would need to register in the store somehow for that) but currently it does not seem to be a complete package to me (being single player oriented and only playing random maps)

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Merged] Will there be gates in AoE: DE?