Walls and keeps need to be nerfed HARD

Oh, what a surprise, better eco and won the game. Must be because the walls yes.

Please don’t mention or quote me anymore, you propose absurd things and make biased conclusions using nonsense data.

2 Likes

A lot of ppl have adopted tournament rules during ladder matches as unwritten rules… but if you really wanna play to win then you’ll likely not neglect stone walls and stone towers.

If they simply double ir triple the time it takes to make wall segments, and have the HP of these segments start at 1; this would further encourage open map engagement and preparation walls and or high apm to wall while fighting (the way beasty does it).

5 Likes

That’s my point. You say it’s supposed to give some delay for the defense etc… But the delay is too BIG and too easy to get.
On close maps with forests or mountains, it’s so difficult to be aggressive in early game, the defensive player always has the advantage. He sets the pace. You don’t have many other choice than to age up, etc… You always have a wall to destroy before attacking, raiding or whatever. If he started booming before you, well… you’re behind. And that’s why in most games people just chose to boom for 20 mn and play defensive.
The obtained “delay” he gets is soooo long… because you have to build siege, sometime to age up, hope he won’t repair with vills, and having archers or wathever ready to take your units down if you try to kill the vills (because yes, unless he’s a noob, nobody will leave the vills defenseless… like someone mentioned earlier “just raid the vils it’s easy”).

If you finally destroy the keep or the walls, well… he had time to boom, age up, upgrade his army or whatever. Boring. Your opportunities to set creative strategies are reduced and this is what AoE 4 was about right?

For several months now I feel like a lot of game are the same. And again, I repeat, defensive strategies are much more powerful than offensive ones. I’d like to play an RTS, not a management game or whatever and play during 45mn each times, end the game with trebuchet wars or whatever.

I’m not the best suited to find solutions, I suggested a few ones but it should be the developers’job to balance all of that.
Probably my last post on this topic, thanks for your reactions.

3 Likes

That’s simply not true, maybe in bronze leagues.

Moreover, if someone is capable of boom and keep you away while getting to imp then smash you man, you totally deserve it.

My games usually don’t pass from 20 min, and usually don’t pass from feudal.

1 Like

Walls should stay strong imo. Personally I would prefer if they BUFFED walls instead!

So that using walls for solid defense becomes viable rather than one pummeling it down in 1 shot with 3-4 bombards.

What needs to be done to counter this whole Walling mentality is:

Walls should be double edge. It will greatly benefit YOU the defender, if you actually DEFEND the wall.
However, it should be able to benefit the Enemie just as much if left unguarded.

How can this be done?

Make Siege Towers actually viable.

Make it that Enemie units can “capture” gates. Meaning, Gates will be Compromised if enemies dominate the Gatehouse.
Meaning the Gates will be Open for enemie units if enemie units are ontop of the gate house.

If the defender decides to counter this by NOT building gates, well then thats not a problem.
Why? because then the wall benefits the defenders just as much as the attacker.
They can put a keep close to the wall, but that keep is still vournarable to trebuchets that just ignore the wall.
And because the wall dosn’t have a gate, well then the opponent wont be able to push out from that section.

However insta-deleting walls need to be removed. Deleting a wall section will trigger a “deconstruct” time. that takes just as long as building the wall with a single vill.
This should give heads up to the enemie that something is up. But also allow you to change / remove the wall if needed.

3 Likes

Such a long game that ended in 45 minutes, what do you attribute such long games to, other than due to walls and Keeps

Keeps are fine as is in the current patch imo. Move stone walls to Castle Age. That’s all.

The problem is your letting your enemy stone wall, harass them early, even a few villager picks can determine the game. if they are putting up walls super early than just boom with 3+ TC, if they’re investing all that stone into walls you’ll have no problem outbooming them. Capture sacred sites, setup forward positions, secure all the relics.

3 Likes

Counter suggestion.

Buff walls and keeps.

3 Likes

posts to public forum :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

Lmao neither player got stone walls up in that game and keeps weren’t defensive.

I should not waste my time responding to fakers, there I show you that there are walls in the game
imagen

and here the keeps
Keep

Marinelord played better this game, but Beastyqt delayed the game by defending with palisades and Keeps
You cannot seek to win by distinctive buildings, that is why I propose that the distinctive buildings be repaired with stone, Beastyqt made 153 villagers, so winning by raiding villagers lengthened the game a lot

I can’t see how palisede walls and 1 defensive keep covering 30% of the farms provided passive gameplay considering Lucifron won the game by exploiting low army count of Magic and raiding everywhere.

And I really wanna see this game proving your statement knowing you’re a very organic and experienced player from the arithmetics you’re throwing around everywhere. So, please enlighten this mathematicless runt that claims to be a experienced player.

here they explain it well

Thank you for sharing! That arguement is as tested and proven as I expected. And even better than my expectations with absence of an BS arithmetic equation.

Walls and keeps are actually worthwhile now? Cool! I’m all for it. I remember in Technical Stress Test they (or at least walls) were pretty much useless… akin to being made of styrofoam (in form, sound, and function). So, I’m happy to hear they actually function like walls now. I hope towers have been similarly improved, too – because they were also pretty much worthless and a waste of resources :slight_smile:

LMAO there is not even a commentator with this nickname. LOL

Just cherrypickng rnd shit to highlight your hate for aoe2-players? lol.

1 Like