War wagon is broken in team game (in early castle age)

If Koreans have to rely into only one strat that’s broken on a determinated map (Arena) in a specific situation (TG), but is bad elsewhere, is just a clear case of poor design of the civ.

Koreans really need a true wood bonus, not that wood discount, because spears, archers, and skirmishers, are all already with low wood cost, replace that with each lumbercamp upgrade gives +2 carry cap to lumberjacks.

4 Likes

Then nerf WW and buff other aspects of theirs.

I don’t know why showing some percentages even accounts for anything. It’s annoying to play against, it’s too strong, it has no counters unless your pocket bails you out with knights or you spam monks, and I have seen it enough times on BF TG to say it’s not something you want to face when a player who knows what he is doing is doing it.

This.

Not sure if this precisely, but something, yes. They have the discount that applies to pretty much every unit they use, but it’s not enough. Portuguese are the other civ with such a mechanic and they struggle too.

You seems insist that Koreans should play Archer + pike just like Britons, Ethiopians, or Chinese or any other archer civ, which also make civ more generic and kill diversity. Also Koreans already have wood discount on their unit I don’t think they need more in this regard.

Also look at Koreans tech tree, they are lacking good Tanky, and mobile unit at all (other archer civ such as Britons have full Cavalry armor, Vietnamese have Elephant). Only WW can fill this role. I think just nerfing their building damage is understandable nerf for Arena TG specifically, but their stat shouldn’t be nerfed otherwise.

At least percentage can show some evidence that it is certainly not broken.
Winrate stats are not then only data for sure. Too dominant performance of some civ/unit in some tournament can be the backup evidence, but WW and Koreans are not dominant either of the case.

2 Likes

I don’t think I want that, War Wagon needs to be an unit that Koreans can go to, but the unit must be fair for the opponent.
With the nerfs they still are a tank unit with free archer armor upgrades, they still will shredd any archer they find, and take a lot of camel and Knight damage with the high HP they get.

That’s why I propose a true eco bonus, also giving them blast furnace should be considered.

yes

there are some maps you have to face this unit before you can even make something that counters it. i even had to play against them in feudal age a few times.

and all the buffs didn’t even make the civ good. it just made more maps a trash experience

That is why the unit shouldn’t be nerfed hard. It is already not great unit in 1v1, nerf more their stat will become useless in 1v1, they are already countered by skirms as @casusincorrabil shown the video. Keep in mind that WW aren’t good against pike either due to the low speed and lack of PT.

Their cavalry is trash regardless of Blast Furnace, you should also give either BL or Plate Barding armor at least. But I am not a fan of making civs more similar and generic. It is good to have one civ trash cavalry but can be compensated by decent tanky UU.

1 Like

Give koreans bloodlines, and reduce by 20 the HP of WW, both elite and non elite,

Why reduce the HP when the whole point of the unit is to be resistant.

To offset bloodlines

They are unaffected by bloodlines.

Anyway lovely that the devs heard the War Wagon OP cry months ago and introduced an even more broken one with the new Civ - named Hussite Wagon

2 Likes

No, they are also a mounted unit so bloodlines would affect them

Because Koreans don’t get bloodlines 11

You can try it with full tech tree, in de war wagons are really not affected by bloodlines.

What about that idea:
(elite) War Wagons lose 3 pierce armor (so they would have 1 PA instead of 4)
(elite) War Wagons get +4 / +5 atk vs cavalry.
(elite) War Wagons get +3 / +4 atk vs camels.
(elite) War Wagons get +4 / +6 atk vs siege.
(elite) War Wagons lose bonus damage vs Buildings

Turning the war wagon into a support unit for the archers rather than a standalone unit.

I think this change could lead to interesting gameplay with koreans, with sophisticated army comps.

Koreans don’t need bloodlines, they have bomber cannons to kill siege units, cheap skirmishers to kill crossbows, and champions to kill eagles. The war wagon does not need less HP, it needs to die against fewer skirmishers. I vote for FurtherLime7936 solution, Give them negative archer and cavalry archer armor classes

imo the war wagon is just fine. If you don’t want to deal with them, rush early and don’t let your opponent make castles lol

Knights and skirms and mangos deal with them pretty easily. I remember one game where i was Koreans and i had like 40 or 50 elite war wagons and was attacking some guy, when his teammate showed up with 40 or so cavaliers from behind and he completely wrecked all my elite war wagons without a problem. ¯\(ツ)

2 Likes

You just said what you can’t do on arena TG, rush the Korean player :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

So, ok let’s nerf the only viable unit for Koreans. Fine, I don’t like the civ and I don’t play it unless I get it with random civ.
Ok, once Koreans suck both on open and closed maps, mission accomplished?

The problem with this unit is the next: The Goths can accumulate Huskarls very easily, if you make knights, the allie of the goths can kill you very easy with knights (or camels), and your ally cannot do anything. Building a castle or more town centers is not a solution either because the arrows do not work vs huskarls.

Nerf Huskarl next, on arena stone walls let Goths boom too easily into castle/imperial age huskarl spam.

1 Like

So, how to die against fewer skirmishers? Maybe having 20 less hp? And champioons without blast furnace is not something amazing you know…

You don’t need blast furnace to dominate eagles. Heck even Tatar 2HS beat el dorado eagles 11

1 Like