Waypoint incorrectly set after doing multiple actions in succession

OK this clearly happened to Viper in a youtube video he uploaded (though it didnt actually affect him). look at 3:13 - 3:18. his TC gather points is changed to a random point on the minimap which his mouse hovered over 1 second before that. he quickly fixed the gather point and said nothing but it clearly happened!

4 Likes

@ChristheCo, this is a big issue. I hope it gets fixed not so long in time.

2 Likes

This has been happening to me too today and yesterday.

Buildingsā€™ waypoints and unitsā€™ direct movement commands somehow get mixed at some points. Not only do waypoints change to where you were ordering units to go, but your units also suddenly decide to move to a buildingā€™s waypoints after clicking on it. Wish I had evidence or more info about this bug. If it keeps happening I guess I will narrow down exactly how it works.

4 Likes

Hi all,
we are currently tracking this bug, thanks to everyone who provided information
Have a nice Monday!

6 Likes

If another instance is needed, TheViper made a video with this bug happenning:

You can see the TCā€™s waypoint is set at 4:27 without the viper having his mouse over there at that time.

4 Likes

Thanks Chris. Good news indeed

3 Likes

Very illustrative example. I guess for the ones having the minimap centered happens more often. In my case the TCs most of the time send the vills to areas I havent explorer when the bug happens

2 Likes

happens to viper at 4:23:32ā€¦ I think it might have something to do with selecting a tc, then scrolling, then hovering over the minimapā€¦ not sure though

2 Likes

Yes, good example. Cheers for sharing @SordidCartoon41. I was coming to confirm that after 47820 this annoying bug keeps happening. I think it would be good to change the title of the discussion to TC gathering point sending villagers far away, or move it to a different topic.

2 Likes

Does it happen in all games, or during multiplayer?

I havenā€™t played single games lately but in the video I sent before it was a single player game. Yes, in at least 90% of my mp games happens at least once during a game

2 Likes

This bug most likely could be solved simply by giving us the option to unbind ā€œright clickā€ for placing waypoints. I never intentionally do that anyways, but always use the hotkey (default ā€œtā€) for it.
As this would be the standard hotkey for garrisoning (or attack ground) with units it should happen much less frequent that rapid switching to the towncenter results in incorrectly placed waypoints.

1 Like

No way mate, that cure looks worse than the disease. It is a bug because it happens when we are not right clicking.

2 Likes

Wondering if all the people experimenting this bug also have the centered minimap. Anyone messing up with gathering points with ghost right clicks while having the normal map?

1 Like

This happens when the waypoint has been set to a resource like stone or gold that gets depleted while still producing new vils and a new resource of that type is within your (extended) base itā€™s viewpoint. In case of viperā€™s video they went for the gold, so probably he had set his tc waypoint before to a now depleted gold resource so they move up to the nearest one within your bases viewpoint (that castle has gold around it). It only happens with newly produced vils, except when the new resource is within the viewpoint of the vils on that resource, then they would move up there too. Not a bug imho. Resetting waypoints on time and not in time is an important part of gameplay.

They could remove a bit of this automagic ofc for resources like stone and gold.

@PCS70 Thanks for posting. Looks interesting, maybe it is triggered after a single tree is depleted too. Or perhaps you are reporting on a different bug. Have you seen this:

1 Like

Yes, the same happens after setting waypoint to a tree and when they (the trees) are finished there. They just go wander around to find the closest tree within whole base view area. Iā€™m almost 100% sure the mechanics work this way at the moment. If there are no resources within view are available they will just gather there ofc. Also when farmer vil dies and other farmer vilā€™s farm is depleted the farmer vil will continue on that free farm.

A bit too much use of farming though. :wink:

I donā€™t think we are talking about the same issue man. Could be related but not sure since this has happened to me soon after the game starts. I think you are talking about villagers going to collect nearby resources once one resource is depleted, which is a great feature. Iā€™m talking about the TC randomly changing the gathering point, sending villagers to random areas on the map and they are always getting iddle. I believe this is related to sort of ghost right clicks (not acutally mouse clicks) on the minimap after electing a TC to buy villagers

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the same now after watching the last video again. That does look like odd behavior to me indeed.

Maybe something goes wrong while using that shift to queue things and then accidently clicking on the mini map after TC was selected?

There are certain control shortcuts to set waypoint too, but I thought it was alt plus (left/right, both work) click which you donā€™t use easily by accident, maybe shift plus (left/right) click does the same for setting new waypoint of TC. Itā€™s easy for you to test this though, my APM is not fast enough anymore. :wink:

Lastly. It seemed to happen after you rapidly shift clicked some vils on the trees to cut.

EDIT: Probably itā€™s only shift as alt is used for garrisoning units too. Anyway it should be easy enough to test (the bug) out off this one. So it could be some kind of control overlap too.

Hi mate. I set up a different key to set the gathering point. I tried changing that hotkey to a different one and still happening, so the conflict with the hotkey is discarded.