Waypoint incorrectly set after doing multiple actions in succession

I tested a few things in regard to basic main controls without using hotkeys.

When I right click (by accident) on mini map while TC has been selected, then it will also set the waypoint. Strange thing is that this works with shift and alt key too (probably just ignores those two).

The same happens while TC has been selected and then using the new right mouse drag move when you release it ending up with your mouse pointer on the mini map, waypoint of building can be accidentally set by this.

So if you work a lot with navigating on the mini map and use shift queuing it might go wrong somewhere in a tenth of second (by accident or misclick in left/right).

Maybe they should bind setting building waypoints to location using mouse control dedicated to the control key plus right click to overcome this problem. Currently there is no difference between setting it to resource or location, while those two are very different of course.

At least I have the feeling that conflicts between the hotkey systems and basic keyboard mouse control could be the cause of the unwanted behavior. I donā€™t use keyboard hotkeys too much except for groups and shift queueing, and a bit of switching between TCā€™s. My hotkey setting is just the default setting (grid).

Thanks mate. Iā€™m not missclicking. I donā€™t think that Viper has been missclicking lately either. I changed my mouse thinking that was that but not.

1 Like

In the grid system T is used to set your TCā€™s waypoint. After checking your video again I can see just before you queued a new vil your mouse pointer was on the mini map at the spot where the X appears. So I would check your hotkey definitions again and especially how setting waypoints has been configured. So it might be a hotkey conflict or a bug in the game. Did you change it from the defaults?

Well, although Viper seldom missclicks he wasnā€™t able to reach the Redbul Wololoā€™s finals (again) this year. The pace in all those final games is amazing fast.

2 Likes

Thanks for caring mate. Appreciat it. I use my own hotkeys and I have discard that already changing the hotkey for gathering point. Recently I unistall the game and installed everything again, using just basic mods to discard that was a mod. So now my minimap is on the left instead of the centre and I have less of the issue but still happening from time to time. Iā€™m pretty sure it is a bug when quickly hovering the pointer over the minimap after selecting a TC and Iā€™m not pressing any key or clicking. @ChristheCo can you please gave us any update about tracking the issue? Havenā€™t hear from you since April.

2 Likes

If you play it on a laptop, you might want to turn off your touchpad (using Fn + some F-key), because that could be the cause too in this case while using your keyboard and resting with your handpalm close to it.

This is all I could think of. Thank you for all your input.

Yes, this was the first thing I disabled. Not the issue.

1 Like

Hey @FelipeELBravo
this bug is being tracked by our team,but we sadly cant promise resolving all bugs immediately or in near future. Thanks for understanding

3 Likes

Yet another video of the Viper having the same issue of the TC changing the gathering point when moving quickly. Watch min 10:22 at 0.25 speed and you can see that happened exactly the same than to me, in a very similar position. You see the pointer of the mouse hovering over the minimap where a sort of ghost right click seems to happen. As in my case, I found it unlikely that the Viper was actually missclicking the mouse. Getting the delay for showing the mark in the minimap is normal. The delay happens everytime you set a gathering point. The pointer just moves quicker than the action. But no idea what is causing that order to set the gathering point.

TC randomly changing gathering point (played by the Viper, min 10:22)

1 Like

Hi everyone. I think Iā€™ve got this solved. What I did was changing the polling rate of my wireless mouse, from 500 to 1000 and now Iā€™m not getting my TC changing the waypoint, or at least not that often. Would be great if people having this issue (including The Viper) can try and confirm if it works or not.
I recall it happened with my previous mouse too. I often set the polling rate to 500 only just to save battery life and the fake right-click was happening on AOE only. Hope this helps.

Even if the bug is fixed I will continue changing the waypoint accidentally.

I would love an option to disable changing waypoints with just a click, so it forces me to use the waypoint hotkey (which I already use when I intentionally change waypoints).

2 Likes

@pomber7112 suggestion might actually be very useful!
Unbinding the ā€˜easyā€™ gather point set on right click is something i would prefer over waypoints going all over the place.

@ConvertThis4915 @IkoKnight8151

1 Like

Found a concrete way to reproduce without misclicking.

1. Select something.
  2. Right click without releasing and then move mouse over minimap
  3. Move mouse back over other part of screen and release.
  4. Move mouse back over minimap
    (The selected units will move to a new location on the minimap or the buildings will set a new waypoint)

See video attached.

Thank you @SordidCartoon41
I shared this info with the team :slight_smile:

Similar to @SordidCartoon41 's method, you can select a tc (or any building), put mouse over the minimap, do a long right click without release, move mouse away from the minimap and release (when the mouse is not hovering over the minimap). Now if you move the mouse over to the minimap the gather point will immediatly be set.

1 Like

The dual function of right-click has always been a bit awkward for buildings with attack action. Building attack could instead be equivalent to unit attack, with shift queue and everything. And with a ā€œstop actionā€ button in the buildingā€™s menu (and a corresponding hotkey). But for pure production buildings, being able to set the gathering point with a right-click is only convenient, if anything for new players.

Yes. Iā€™ve never asked for it to be unbound by default. Iā€™m just asking for the option to unbind it. As I never use right click for gather points intentionally, I would like the option to unbind this hotkey.

1 Like