We Want Age Of Empire 4!

My Dream is AGE OF EMPIRE 4 !!! World War 1 or W.e i just want AOE 4

1 Like

No, just Nope. I mean odds are there, but i doubt AoE community want stuff like WW1. Not the way AoE is built on (historically)

Look at the bright side, they’re re-mastering a game that we didn’t have digital access to.

Imagine if you were a Bethesda fan at e3 waiting for ES6 and they release Skyrim for the 8th time.

Ehhhh, I can’t think of anytime that I felt a hankering for an AoE 4. With just how polished the original games were, a retooled AoE like we’re getting makes more sense for the series overall. I wouldn’t mind some more content expansions like we’ve seen for AoE 2 HD, but I can’t say I want an honest-to-goodness sequel.

Hmm, I think we (the original fans of the AoE games) need a 4th game, with the characterics of AoE 1 and 2, but the problem is that a WW or any “futuristic” (post-powder) setting for this games isn’t good for the way AoE was built on. So I think a remaster of the classic AoE is great for us.

Like others mentioned, AoE shifting to modern warfare, would not follow the “history” of the game. I am fine with a remaster, especially on console, because it’ll target a new audience and potentially recruit new AoE fans. Which can in-turn lead to more content.

With the Definitive Edition just announced A0E4 is not going to be coming anytime soon. And if it comes, it should really focus on the ancient or medieval eras. One of the main reasons I didn’t like AoE3 as much was the more modern time period.

@qweytr24 said:
With the Definitive Edition just announced A0E4 is not going to be coming anytime soon. And if it comes, it should really focus on the ancient or medieval eras. One of the main reasons I didn’t like AoE3 as much was the more modern time period.

From another discussion:
"I always liked the Ancient time setting. And it always stung me a bit that AOE II got a remake while overlooking the first one in the series.

I think it is good that they make their old series more playable for new players first, and then starting to focus on expanding the series again."

But I do like that each new game has a new time-frame. Although they’ve could have make AOE3 way better in my opinion (by changing the focus and making it more like an Anno1602 battle game).
Personally I am also more of a fan of the ancient times, but I am very interested in how they will make AOE4 (if being in an modern era) a fun RTS with good elements. Like building trenches instead of walls, and how will they handle planes?
Well Idk, we shall see I guess. I don’t mind waiting for that game while playing an awesome new AOE-remake game.

I liked AOE3, but I agree with the sentiment that Age of Empires should be set in Antiquity or Medieval times.

Hopefully we will get a new game soon after AOE DE that stands on its own feet, rather than just remastering an old one.

One problem if we go modern times is also that a very good RTS series has taken that space, Command and Conquer red alert.
While it does not have the same mechanics much of it is probably the same. I dont know if they could make AoE 4 unique enough in that setting, especially without ES.

With the massive tease at the end of the PC Gaming Show, it’s a big possibility that the ‘party rolling’ continues into an AoE 4 announcement at Gamescom since the 20th anniversary is coming up in October. I wouldn’t get hyped yet though, because that’s an easy one to screw up. I actually wanted a reboot of the series, making AoE 4 set in ancient times like the first game, but with AoE 1 getting remade, I know they aren’t going to compete with themselves any time soon.

@smitske said:
One problem if we go modern times is also that a very good RTS series has taken that space, Command and Conquer red alert.
While it does not have the same mechanics much of it is probably the same. I dont know if they could make AoE 4 unique enough in that setting, especially without ES.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. I don’t believe it would be the same AoE if it was in a Modern Setting. Sure, it could be done, but I don’t believe it would achieve good results. I’m perfectly content with the Ancient Times.

@“Sardinia Fert” said:

@smitske said:
One problem if we go modern times is also that a very good RTS series has taken that space, Command and Conquer red alert.
While it does not have the same mechanics much of it is probably the same. I dont know if they could make AoE 4 unique enough in that setting, especially without ES.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. I don’t believe it would be the same AoE if it was in a Modern Setting. Sure, it could be done, but I don’t believe it would achieve good results. I’m perfectly content with the Ancient Times.

well if they wanted to do a AoE 4 they can do the Chinese Dynasty or the Japanese feudal time. I mean there’s plenty of options, so what AoE 4 could possibly bring is vast very hard to say tbh.

Came here expecting to see someone linking to that foolish and discredited magazine ad from years back with the fake Age IV (WWI) and Age V (Spaceman) images. Very glad to see nobody here is using that as evidence of the same.

This series is about when empires were around. I think that puts us firmly in ancient times. If I wanted to play a game with tanks and lazer guns, I’d already be playing one.

@“Andy P” said:
Came here expecting to see someone linking to that foolish and discredited magazine ad from years back with the fake Age IV (WWI) and Age V (Spaceman) images. Very glad to see nobody here is using that as evidence of the same.

This series is about when empires were around. I think that puts us firmly in ancient times. If I wanted to play a game with tanks and lazer guns, I’d already be playing one.

Ill go and get it ;p

@“Andy P” said:
This series is about when empires were around. I think that puts us firmly in ancient times. If I wanted to play a game with tanks and lazer guns, I’d already be playing one.

Actually the height of Imperialism was in the late 1800s, but I agree that is not what AoE is about.

@qweytr24 said:

@“Andy P” said:
This series is about when empires were around. I think that puts us firmly in ancient times. If I wanted to play a game with tanks and lazer guns, I’d already be playing one.

Actually the height of Imperialism was in the late 1800s, but I agree that is not what AoE is about.
Fair enough. Though I’m not sure “empires” and “imperialism” are the same thing. Or at least, when the guys named the first game, “Age of Empires,” they clearly were describing the period of the game they just created.

Anyway, I think we are agreeing on what is important – no tanks and lazerguns. haha

:lol: I thought the purpose of the series was to teach us a historical event through the management and strategy of a civilization. And if we think about it, that is basically all human history, from ancient times (and even before) to modernity.

Also, empires have existed every time with just different categories (Imperialism, Monarchy, etc) e.g. Austro-Hungarian Empire. Why not tanks at least? (Lazerguns sound like Halo Wars).

@KingDarBoja said:
Why not tanks at least? (Lazerguns sound like Halo Wars).

Becouse majority of aoe community don’t want ^^. Not rational argument, just, in my opinion, aoe need bow, sword, horse etc… not modern army.

why must modern? AOE 4 could be just like same age as AOE 3 which a lot rich feature, new maps and new nation and new gametype diffrent moddeling of troops and settler.