We Want Age Of Empire 4!

@whahuh82 said:
May I just point out that exists?

It’s from the booklet of AoE III, I think, and it suggests that AoE will continue past revolutionary era into 20th century and then futuristic times.

Now, obviously, they don’t have to necessarily follow this; they could go into Civil War and then maybe WWI, but this booklet does show that, at one point at least, Microsoft’s gameplan was to make a modern-era AoE

Oh, god. There it is. That ad was purely speculative and has been dismissed by developers. It is absolutely not proof that sequels will continue to advance into the 20th and 21st Century. They were just messing around.

Bear in mind that there already was a sequel to AoE3. It was Age of Empires Online and returned back to classical antiquity. The next game in line was Age of Empires Castle Siege, which runs up to the Renaissance.

If this franchise is ever going to breach into tanks and planes, it will be totally unprecedented and bizarre.

Edit: the direct quote dismissing that foolish picture appears to be “it was total speculation on our part.

Do you mean this one? :smile:

1 Like

@“Andy P” said:
there already was a sequel to AoE3

No, there wasn’t. Age Online was not a sequel, it was a spin off. Just like Age of Mythology was not a sequel to Age 2. If it was, then the game set in the colonial era would have been Age 4.

That ad may only have been speculative, but clearly that’s because they did, at one time, want to keep the main series moving forward in time. And considering that’s how the game has moved on so far, I think future games should continue to do that, if they get the “Age of Empires #” moniker.

They could very well do a game that doesn’t continue the trend of moving forward in time. I’d love it if they do! But they need to do what Age of Mythology, Castle Siege, and Online did, and not name themselves after a number.

@“Andy P” killed my hopes of seeing a new AoE.

But come on, they can’t just remake all old AoE games forever, in fact their next movement should be either remaster AoE3 or create a new one from scratch.

@KingDarBoja said:
@“Andy P” killed my hopes of seeing a new AoE.

But come on, they can’t just remake all old AoE games forever, in fact their next movement should be either remaster AoE3 or create a new one from scratch.

we’ll see. Good news are coming to gamescom 2017.

@Plasticcaz said:
I liked AOE3, but I agree with the sentiment that Age of Empires should be set in Antiquity or Medieval times.

Hopefully we will get a new game soon after AOE DE that stands on its own feet, rather than just remastering an old one.

Same, I loved AOE3 but do not want a game to be any more modern than that. I think an AOM2 would be awesome. You could add a few more civs to the current ones such as Japanese, Celtic, and Slavic. Or you could have the story take place in Medieval England and follow the Arthurian legends.

An AOE1:2 would be really cool as well.

AOE:DE is just a remake, but if there were an AOE4 in the works, I’d be happy if they returned to antiquity rather than went into the modern era. A full remake of AOE in full 3D (but done way better than AOE3 which was a subpar execution) with a swath of features and content. A new technology tree, new units, and basically new everything while building off lessons learned from past games (i.e., AOE2 getting it right, AOE3 getting it wrong (I don’t hate this game, but don’t love it either), and AOEO which had a ton of potential but ultimately sucked). I’m a fan of the Total War series, and I’d LOVE to see a full RTS with the level of detail given to the battles in Total War (Total War is still turn based, so empire building & economy is essentially non-existent in multiplayer games).

ancient times up to 1600s is best. already enough 18th century and on war strategy out there.

@rlagore said:
AOE:DE is just a remake, but if there were an AOE4 in the works, I’d be happy if they returned to antiquity rather than went into the modern era. A full remake of AOE in full 3D (but done way better than AOE3 which was a subpar execution) with a swath of features and content. A new technology tree, new units, and basically new everything while building off lessons learned from past games (i.e., AOE2 getting it right, AOE3 getting it wrong (I don’t hate this game, but don’t love it either), and AOEO which had a ton of potential but ultimately sucked). I’m a fan of the Total War series, and I’d LOVE to see a full RTS with the level of detail given to the battles in Total War (Total War is still turn based, so empire building & economy is essentially non-existent in multiplayer games).

At what point did you stop playing AoEO? Do you recall which civs had been released?

@“Andy P” said:

@rlagore said:

At what point did you stop playing AoEO? Do you recall which civs had been released?

I don’t recall how long I played for, probably a few months and almost certainly less than a year. I remember playing as the Egyptians (I think they were “free”). I would have probably bought some of the DLC eventually but I didn’t like the “quest” format of AoEO. It also had the leveling up of a capital city as in AOE3, which never interested me. I guess it didn’t feel like the RTS I’d come to expect from AOE games and it felt too much like an RPG. Stylistically I didn’t really care for it either as it seemed to be marketed to children whereas previous games were targeted at teens and older.

OK. Yeah, the game changed a lot after you left. It was the best installment of AoE by the time it had the Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, Celts, and Babylon. That would have been about 9 months after you left, I think.

I guess I didn’t give it enough of a chance! Why did they discontinue it?!

You gave it a chance. It was bad at launch. They discontinued it because it wasn’t profitable. Much of that was a steep drop in players because it was bad at launch. It also wasn’t built to earn enough money. All of these things got fixed, but it was too late.

Idk why you guys don’t enjoy an AOE in modern time (2WW). Aoe3 was the best strategic game of AOE, slightly better than aoe2 in my opinion.
They don’t work on an aoe4, I wrote with a forgotten empire developer. :frowning:

@NoobsAreWelcome said:
Aoe3 was the best strategic game of AOE, slightly better than aoe2 in my opinion

I agree with you here, but unfortunately we are in the minority. Most Age fans seem to love Age 2, and at best feel indifferent towards Age 3.

It’s unfortunate, because personally I find Age 2 has not aged (pun intended) very well at all, whereas Age 3 is very enjoyable still today.

We will wait for gamescom. And finally having an age of empires 4 I hope.

After the age we can see the world war

@“Andy P” said:
Came here expecting to see someone linking to that foolish and discredited magazine ad from years back with the fake Age IV (WWI) and Age V (Spaceman) images. Very glad to see nobody here is using that as evidence of the same.

This series is about when empires were around. I think that puts us firmly in ancient times. If I wanted to play a game with tanks and lazer guns, I’d already be playing one.

Hmm, WW1 could be possible then, as I recall the Austro-Hungarian Empire met his end for losing that war, and China was still an empire, Russia too (until 1917) and Japan is an Empire nowadays, if it’s a problem of empires there were many in that time too.

But we need a new Age of Empires IV to, they are great community mods that Microsoft can put attention and make it an official expansion to Age of Empires III.
Age of Empires IV can be based on the Great War were exist empires, so the game can still named “Age of Empires” and have a good consumer sensitivity for the work of others games like Battlefield 1, so can be a RTS version of this, i think is good idea make it now because later is to late Here a video of a mod of AoE3 based in the Great War
Anyway if make AoE4 is imposible please put attention to the community work and help to make it an official expansion the mod Wars of Liberty or make a Steam Work Shoop for mods likes this one People have sensitivity for México for all the media talking about the Trumps Wall so i think is a good comercial movement to, here a gameplay whit México.

@CabezaPizarro84 said:

@PedroDJDaddy22 said:
My Dream is AGE OF EMPIRE 4 !!! World War 1 or W.e i just want AOE 4

BUENAS TARDES! ESTARÍA MUY BUENO TENER HASTA INCLUSIVE LA GUERRA MODERNA! PERO NO CREO QUE PARA ESTE AÑO ESTE LISTO! CREO QUE ESTO ES UNA PRUEBA DE COMO SALEN LAS VENTAS DE ESTA RE EDICIÓN, Y DEPASO PARA QUE VEAN ESTA “NUEVA” CAMADA DE “GAMERS” QUE EN REALIDAD Y SIN OFENDER A NADIE, ESTÁN CON TODO TOTALMENTE SERVIDO! COMO POR EJEMPLO LA SELECCIÓN DE ALDEANOS PARA RECOLECTAR!, EL TIEMPO DE ARMADO!, EL VER COMO SE VA DESARROLLANDO LA ESTRUCTURA!, EL TIEMPO DE ESPERA PARA CAMBIAR DE EDAD! Y NO TENER QUE ESTAR PAGANDO PARA TODO!!! SON JUEGOS PARA DISTRACCIÓN, DESESTRESAR, PASAR EL RATO COMO QUIERAN! QUE SAQUEN SU GANANCIA SOLO CON LA VENTA DEL MISMO! IGUAL COMPARTO LA IDEA DEL AOE4 PERO CON MUCHA CALIDAD DE GRÁFICOS MANTENIENDO LA BASE ORIGINAL DEL JUEGO!

Dudo mucho que sea relajación, casi siempre me llena de tension jugarlos tanto que es de los pocos juegos que no puedo jugar y hablar mientras juego por la concentración que requiere yo juego Age of Empires 3.

No thanks.