What APM tool do most people use?

Anyone know what apm tool most people use on stream and what not?

https://www.desktopapm.com/

do not forget
imagen

1 Like

thank you so much for the info

1 Like

You can also check your average APM each match through aoe4world. It shows your summary if you have your match history in the game already set to public.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment but i can’t seem to find it on aoe4world

You must log in with your steam account

1 Like

Thank you that worked, now I’m embarrassed, my apm is around 50 lol

I noticed that Beasty’s (among other players) APM in his streams are much higher than what we see on his AoE4 world. Does AoE4 world ignore selection actions aka selection spam of town centers etc?

1 Like

I’m not sure i wonder if anyone else knows…

AoE4world reports the APM the game measures. APM apps, like Desktop APM and others that streamers use, just counts every keystroke and mouse clicks as actions.

1 Like

You don’t need to log in with Steam account to see summaries in aoe4world.

1 Like

has higher apm in this program because such a program has a delay, you can spend seconds without doing anything and counter does not decrease

1 Like

Is there apm tool that has a stream overlay like you see on streams, i don’t see a overlay option on deasktopapm

I have near 140-170 APM, and for me (diamond level) it’s impossible to get more APMs without starting to spam keys like pros do to stay warm.

I have a friend of a level near mine that has near 80-90 apm, so I would say apm are not that important at all, I admit I don’t spam like pros, but I do a lot of town center check, and change to my scouts constantly.

@Conandodd1 if I remember well, you were the dude posting your silver/gold level rankeds?

2 Likes

Those people have on that tool double the aoe4 world APM throughout the whole game. That software is supposed to be doing some kind of moving average which should be already taking into account the few seconds with little actions. Additionally, it is not like 200 APM vs 250 APM but rather 200 vs 400+. And since I myself have games with 200 and even 250 APM based on AOE4 world (but I am not a spammer) and I shouldn’t be anywhere close to them based on my assessment, I inferred that the game does not count hotkey selections and company as “Actions” .

1 Like

Yeah hit Gold 2 last Saturday and haven’t played a Match since because i’m trying to get better first! Game makes me jittery playing against people because i miss key a lot and don’t really know what to do if things go wrong lol. I’m a small streamer even though I haven’t streamed in over a month but was thinking if I stream this game to have the apm overlay.

1 Like

Thank you for your response, man I have to say this community is the most helpful of all the games i’ve played, most are very toxic but everyone seems very nice and friendly in aoe4 forums and reddit.

1 Like

I mostly think this is a game about logic and maths. The situation where you don’t know what to do simply indicates you haven’t faced this situation enough, or you haven’t thought about it in a logical way.

I ever try to analyze some games where I struggled or I did very well to check where I could have done it better, and where I did the best and try to underestand why.

You will get better key speed and apm playing, but that will not make you play better. And I know it since my apms still remain the same as 6 months ago but now I am in a plat III, diamond I level, whereas 6 months ago I struggled to keep the platinum I level.

I’ve noticed in silver/gold and even in platinum level, players do commit the same error, and it is that they do not produce enough military. If you are getting attacked and you don’t know what to do, it’s okay, just produce whatever you can produce to try stop the attack.

You have to keep in mind unit counters and try to produce the better against the enemy units, but just produce until you have cleared the menace.

And if you really doesn’t know what to do against some situations, go any pro stream or youtube videos and try to find why is he doing what is doing, then you will understand the logic and then will be easier to react against some situations.

And last thing, resources not spent are potential wasted, try always to keep your bucket empty by researching things, doing army, getting enough to get new age, etc… But never keep resources in your pocket just in case. If you have a lot of wood do farms or military buildings, or build towers to get vision in strategic pointa. If food, then do troops, if gold, then research useful things, etc… And don’t stop producing vils until you have near 90-120.

1 Like

Seems like the game itself uses eAPM.

1 Like

Thanks for your input, you make a lot of valid points and useful tips, I’ve been playing about a month now well really 3 weeks since i went on vacation for a week for my birthday lol… last night i faced mailians 3 games in a row and they pretty much destoyed me… their javalian thowers were destroying my longbows and pikes, so my theroy now is to 2 tc to fast castle and go knights and long bows. Does that sound like a good strat or should i not go fast castle and do horseman archer with 2 tc?