What can be done to salvage AoE4?

This should be made more visible. Devs should pin this survey to the top of the forum. I just answered it. Thanks for the heads up.

the survey appears in the game menu

Absolutely yes. Not that civ poll with eccentric civs. Tactless management.

1 Like

I actually Uninstalled it the other day because its not doing me any favours, and i personality don’t find it find in its current state.

Its not really a matter of salvaging it, but building it into something better on par or better than AOE 2, that should be the goal.

• Game Stability: Too many times “Game has De-synced” in the middle of 40+ min games, its the most disheartening thing.

• Getting players into games faster, takes way to ■■■■–ing long

• Balance/Rework some factions, alot of the time people just spam special units. I very rarely see people build a mixed army, tactics go out the window and its just mashing your special units into their special units backed up with some siege and hope you win.

• New factions is a difficult one, of course it would make the game more interesting but its time consuming to concept,design,create + balance a new faction.

• I just dont think RTS games are seen as popular with the younger crowd, like take SC2, it only peaks around 10k users

• Its impossible to compete with games that shi-t out new content every 2-3 weeks.

• All they can really do it the same thing games like NoMans Sky and Sea of Thieves are doing, just keep chipping away at content and hope the player base grows.

2 Likes

Here i have an unpopular oppinion.

I believe they want more visibility for the survey for the people who play the game and dont read/interact with the forums.

• Thats why as soon as you start the game you see the survey link on the main meniu.

People who interract with the forum have already voiced their concerns this way. So it’s more important for the survey to reach the people who usually don’t give feedback.

P.S. I agree about that poll. It should have been de-pined long time ago.

2 Likes

nobody wants to take a survey when one intention on openning the game is to play the game itself

2 Likes

that sounds pretty bad. Aoe2DE is sadly worse in that regards. a single lagger can lag everybody and laggy games has high chance of desync.

I blame those who can’t take criticism. there were A TON who were very dissatisfied about how game looked, how terrible the early game physics were. people who voiced their concerns are mostly already long gone by now due to toxic community. well now they can wait even longer for games, surely if they don’t play ranked it won’t matter much to them.

and heres another one. people will jump at you saying “it’s only a survey” its only a click away to close it blah blah.

shi-tty and annoying things should not be plastered right in our face and shove down our throat. make a new notification icon and if people wish ot click on them, they will do so. pay this much for a game and they still pull these stunts. fk off

1 Like

I agree, but honestly, the existence of this survey, no matter where they put it, is a good sign. Actually, it’s a sign that Relic/Microsoft are worried about the game’s state and player base.

Normally, a survey is innocent enough, but most of the questions revolved around my opinion on recent changes and what would keep me playing vs shelving the game. That’s suspiciously on par with common/recent forum topics.

I would love to see a summary of all the responses.

You don’t, maybe. Doesn’t mean nobody does.

That said, you don’t even seem to want to play the game, so.

1 Like

my concern is and always has been, our opinions dont matter and this will likely fall on deaf ears. they honestly had enough feedback when game in beta.

we want a better game and that SHOULD have been the default go to for any design from the ground up. they clearly blinded by greed, designed this with esports in mind and ignored when we told them “graphics are trash”, and then proceeds to overcharge on this incomplete game only because they want people to go gamepass rather than steam, so we steam user pay a premium for this junk.

im sure they’ll take what they like from the survey and discard the rest. i have worked in big corps for years to not know this. its all corporate politics and everyone care only about themselves, please whoevers above you and fk the rest, thats just how it is.

still a big chunk of player that share the same intentions as me. Also, for that regard is unrelated if someone play the game or not as it can be applied to a bunch of stuff (apps,irl,etc…)

What can be done to salvage AoE4?

Have more people working on aoe4, way to slow if they want to keep people interested in the game

No hype for new stuff coming out, what they have been adding to the game isn’t what people get excited about. Should just be there

4 Likes

Yeah totally, like in the last patch

The select color option is great, but it should have been there from start

1 Like

A survey for the people playing the game is almost worthless, they need to do a survey to the 70k people that stopped playing, the ones that left the game and ask them why they stopp playing, they will habe better feedback…

2 Likes

More doesn’t mean quality, previous games were made by less people…

2 Likes

I believe both are equally important.

If i was a dev i would want to know what people like about the game and what keeps them playing.

Another thing. It’s August and the ratings are still Very Positive (both overall and recent). Never droped since launch.

• So for the people that left, i’m more curious why they don’t play anymore but still game a positive review.
3 Likes

Hmm, have you noticed that they’ve incorporated most of that feedback?

How could possibly say feedback falls on deaf ears when that is demonstrably false. Criticize the pace or whatever you want, but almost everything we’ve gotten in patches has been directly from player feedback.

Ha guess you can always count on this forum to try and make something like requesting player feedback a negative.

that is true to an extent, and time is also a factor.

if they are only implementing this because game is dying then I would give them way less credit, which is whats happening here. hence the call on fall on deaf ear.

how else would you explain why the game was released in such a state? how can you even defend that?

also what about the people who complained in beta and things weren’t fixed. are those not fall on deaf ear to NOT release an incomplete game?

1 Like

I have never debated that the game released too early. I think the last update is where we should have been at launch.

Completely pointless to complain about that now though. They cannot go back in time and do more before release.

They’ve consistently been listening to the playerbase since the game came out.