What can be done to salvage AoE4?

there is a point. the point is if they were to get away with this, they’d continue to do so. why would coporation spend money to fix thing when they dont have to? surely they would be much happier if we simply accept the game the way it was when it was released.

we had our feedback ignored the first time and they are only “listening” because they losing money and market share. thats all what they are about, “you asked, we listened”. well NO. what about actually listening to us when the benefits are smaller to them in return?

whats to say they won’t do it again if game becomes big or on their next game release?

1 Like

Get away with it?

It’s already happened dude. Your only recourse if you didn’t want them “getting away with it” was to not buy the game.

That’s over the game released unfinished. That horse is so dead and buried and decayed at this point.

We’re talking about the present here. You said our feedback falls on deaf ears. That’s objectively false as I pointed out. Almost every thing we’ve had in patches since release has been directly from our feedback.

and I didn’t buy the game, and im still defending people who did.

they charged an exorbitant price not because game should cost that much but to deter people from buying it on steam so they could get more players onto gamepass on a monthly subscription, its all part of their business strategy. and all for what? an incomplete garbage game?

if you dont call out their shady stuff then it’ll spiral down that road, which it has been for decades, for most giant coporates.

lastly, it is on deaf ear, what happens to the graphics? i dont see any changes.

if it is already late, there’s 1 thing left: Don’t watch official streams and tourneys and buy tickets. same can be applied to aoe 4 streamers

1 Like

Many games in steam have positive reviews with no people playing those, I think people buy age IV played for 1 month then leave the game because it is boring but they gave a positive review during play time.

2 Likes

in other words they were blinded by hype or outsider of the aoe communitty joined but as being outsider they came back to other games or their main rts.

The only thing i could say about the recent updates Is that these changes are relating to multiplayer and E-sport. I didn’t see from release any changes for singleplayer or tradional matches vs AI except for what the modders released (for example, the advanced settings).

So, i think what Is going to happen with the future plans and seasons is:

1. more balance updates for multiplayers matches and making the streaming more interesting for the streamers and viewers;

2. 2/4 new civilizations with new campaigns and documentaries;

3. tournaments, tournaments, tournaments.

This Is a E-sport game very different from what the previous games are. The E-sport nature Is also well explained into the “Aoe4 Artbook” and the choise of this stylized graphic.

So we’ll not see Graphic changes, new UI, new strategic options, new animations, Blood, siege machines with crew etc.

E-sport have been the reason behind all of these decisions.

Remember how the Graphic would could looked like

Aoe4 Is this. We can only hope the next title Will be more realistic.

that pony looks good

Of course,the CoH3 seems to have more work on top…

Yes, I now reinstalled the CoH 2 to pass the Ardennes campaign and it feels a more solid game than AoE 4…

2 Likes

Let’s hope…more civs and campaigns, and maps more similar to those of aoe 3…

No, the price is perfectly in-line with many other modern releases.

You might not think it’s worth that money, but that’s a separate point. Claiming they set the price to push the Game Pass is nothing more than a conspiracy theory (and in any case is unlikely to be the developer’s choice).

1 Like

Es que colega, vamos a ver 60 dólares por un juego incompleto en su salida y a su comparativa esta el aoe 2 y 3 que los 2 valen unos 20 dólares (cada uno) no hay donde perderse. y se que me dirás “ah pero esos son juegos viejos no hay comparación” No! claro que la hay fue un error de marketing hacer eso ya que esas versiones definitivas (sobre todo el 3) vienen con cosas actualizadas para acoplarse al gameplay moderno, incluso con contenido nuevo a un menor precio! aoe 4 no puede competir con eso en steam debido a que le falta mucho para ser “rentable” a nivel de contenido.

1 Like

If the Definitive Editions are better value for money for you, I completely respect that.

I’m comparing Age IV to other modern new releases. I’m not counting remasters and the like, because they build on a game that already exists. It’s simply not the same process as making a game from scratch. It’s not the same kind of product.

Good for consumers though, giving them that choice.

hire me as the core designer, => more differentials for each civs.
take my advice to balance the game, => game can be balanced in competive way
do both the game could be competivly balanced for pro players, also fun to play for casuals.

and give this a game a long life, keep supporting it, new updates, new expension but not too often, world wide tournaments, not only lock down with couple pros.

the most important part is “me”.

no, I think you’re way over your head for even suggesting this. if you are unable to see the greed of MS then I have nothing to say to you.

I have seen how stubborn you are and proceeds to attack others so I will leave the discussion here, please dont waste my time by replying.

some people just wish to defend the game and claiming to be constructive/positive. I think anything you need should have a limit and they have definitely crossed that. makes me think if they’re shilling for the game or for MS.

2 Likes

This seems very reasonable and doesn’t at all read like a personal attack. Which is pretty ironic.

Anyway.

Here’s Age of Empires IV at £49.99 on Steam:

And here’s a list of somewhat recent releases starting at £54.99 (this isn’t even all of them). Ignoring bundles, remasters, etc, you can still see a bunch of well-known titles here:

If you want people to see your point of view, you need to be a bit more convincing than you are being.

1 Like

more workers in the game

2 Likes

Always a good sign. Certainly better than the reverse.

1 Like

As long as it doesn’t interfere with support for the DE’s.