What civilizations do you think can be split into several ones like previous Indians?

The Slavs? (but partly already done, probably its name matters.)
The Chinese?
The Teutons?
The Saracens?

4 Likes

Slavs and teutons are already split.
Saracens coild be split but i donr rhink should.

Chinese can be split

14 Likes

None of them. (20 char)

7 Likes

Korea into:

Korea and Best Korea.

8 Likes

I think some could, but I don’t think it is necessary.

2 Likes

“Chinese” split: Jurchens and Tibetans/Tanguts (I don’t care Winnie, they’ll always be worthy).

10 Likes

Next split should be Chinese, there wont be much issue with this because AOE2 is based on medieval history not on recent history

Next DLCs:
Rise of China - Jurchens, Tibetans, Tanguts, Khitans
Sands of Africa - Nubians, Somalians
Jungles of Africa - Kongolese, Zimbabweans
Total 50 civs

5 Likes

Tibetens, Khitans etc. are not Chinese, that’s why I said “none of them”.

3 Likes

None of them.
Jurchens and Tibetans are not part of chinese. They’re right out missing from the game.

10 Likes

italians, slavs, and saracens, for me, could easily be splitted into at the very least 3 civs each

2 Likes

Slavs have already been split…

12 Likes

still missing like half a dozen of different slav cultures that are about as unique as the new indian civs. Rus’, Novgorod, Serbians, Romanians…would all be quite unique and fit better the slavic theme. since the post says “what civ do you think can be split”, i think slavs can very well be splitted

6 Likes

Lol no. The other ones sure, but these two arent deservong of their own civ unless togheter, so the current civ seems good enough for them

At least when compared to India that is

2 Likes

and how do you know that?

Mali Ethiopia Italians Vikings can be split.

1 Like

Vlad Draculea, Stefan cel Mare and Mihai Viteazul disagree.

4 Likes

i’m not well educated on medieval african history so i’m curious how could mali and ethiopia being splitted?

i also get the sentiment for vikings but i think norvegian and swedes and danes are very similar until modern ages and does not stand out from one another the way say, Venetians and Lombards and Papal state do for italians in terms of gameplay (they would have 3 entirely different tree and focus)

2 Likes

Right now mali is an umbrella for all the west african states, the uu itself is from ghana. id imagine it can be split like below.

7 Likes

Easy. None of them !

2 Likes

The Malian Unique Unit is from the 17th century Dahomey Kingdom (so it does not even belong to the game) It is a fictional unit and I propose to replace it.
They use a Kongolese (Central African) weapon so I would move Gbetos to Kongolese and redesign it entirely: make it a male, Kongolese clothes etc.

Malians are an umbrella that covers Ghanaians and Malians.

1 Like