What civilizations would you like to see in this game?

• English
  • Franks
  • Germans
  • Byzantines
  • Arabs
  • Persians
  • Mongols
  • Chinese
  • Aztecs

I’d probably go for something like that. Obviously we’re not going to be getting that many civs at launch, and the aim will be on variety and diversity.

It’ll be interesting to see whether every civ has its own visual/architectural style, and what kinds of units and techs we’ll see. I’m really excited to see which they reveal and what kind of designs/playstyles they have.

1 Like

Tongans, Maori, Iroquois, Kongolese, Zimbabweans, Mississippians, Hopi, Tibet, Araucans, Kanembu, Swahili, Chimu, Inca.

• Spanish
  • Italians
  • French
  • Polish
  • Germans
  • Dutch
  • Arabs
  • Persians
  • Indians
  • Chinese
  • Japanese
  • Thai
1 Like

replace thai for byzantines.

• Indians or Mughal
  • Burmese or Thailand
  • Khmer
  • Aztecs or Mayans
  • Inca
  • Byzantines
  • Vikings
  1. English
  2. Mongols
  3. Romans
  4. Turks
  5. Arabs
  6. Incas
  7. Danes
  8. Chinese
  9. Japanese
  10. Russians

Others added with DLC:

1. Aztecs
  2. Mayans
  3. French
  4. Spanish
  5. Scots
  6. Indians

Give me Greece and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

As many civilizations mentioned above as possible. Also, I would like to see native caribeans and native brazilians (Tupi, Tupinambás, several others) even though they don’t have so much advanced technology as the europeans and asians.

1 Like

As many said, ignoring ages…

Greeks
Japanese
Aztecs
Egyptians
Scandinavians
Britons
French
Ottomans
Spanish
Byzantines

1 Like

Mongols
Norse
Danes
Byzantines
Kievan Rus
Gauls and several other Celts
Cumans

In late century IV AD?

Gauls’ timeline will be covered in AOE4, so I dont see why not. Celts in general will be in the timeline, considering AOE4 starts before dark age and goes after imperial age.

But this gaul timeline is before Roman Empire in the last days of Roman Republic.

1 Like

Berbers
Ethiopians
Mongols
Turks
Chinese
Indians
Iranians
Arabs
English
Franks
Romans
Vikings
Goths
Celts
Slavs

I would like to see the venetians, they were an indipendent state from the fall of the western roman empire since napoleon. It was the most powerful and long-lived of the maritime republics, they dominate the mediterranean through the middle ages, and at Lepanto more than half of the holy league fleet was made of venetians ships. They also were one of the most powerful land states in Italy.
I was disappointed that they didn’t implement them in aoe2, so I hope they consider them for AoE4, since it seems that is set in the middle ages.

Anything that needs a long explanation to describe won’t be included in AoE4 since it is being built by relic as all other modern RTS it will have very low number of civs and only expect to see the more well known civs.

1 Like