What do you think should be the focus of the next dlc for AoE2?

Neither are Alaric and Attila the Hun.

1 Like

Alans were very very minor, even in the small Caucasian region.

Your campaign idea suggest that they didn’t have any power in Middle Ages. In fact they didn’t.

I don’t think there is any point continuing this discussion when you have pretty much admited you only know about them from a quick wikipedia look while discussing it here.

1 Like

No, I researched them long time ago when I tried to make a custom civilization. Even the ones in South Africa and America have more history recorded, in the Middle Ages, which says a lot about Alania’s relevance.

I was able to make a full-fledged civilization for them, so clearly there is enough to work with.

Mind to share it? (20char)

Maybe I will, I dunno.

Found it myself:

War Dogs → Generic term, not Alan
Alaunt-> Not Alanic
Second unique tech and unique unit are based on Alans in Mongol Army.

So nothing is based on the Alania Kingdom, which shows that a unique civ is impossible.

Half of uniqueness is based on dogs, other half on a Mongol army.

Yeah, well, everyone’s a critic.

This civilization is meant to be a good team civ, which references their frequent assistance of other powers. In other words, the stuff you mentioned is a core part of their identity.

If you want to complain about stretch civilizations, go complain about the Cumans.

I already complained. Although the Cuman-Kipchak Confederation was like 30 times bigger than Alania and they have 30 times more Medieval history recorded, warring with Bulgaria, Hungary and Kievan Rus’. Wallachian (Vlachs) dynasty was Cuman.

All right, you made your point.

You really do seem like just a hater, though. The Alans would not be an offensively bad choice for inclusion, considering their prominence in helping other armies. They may have been small, but they had a relevant and important role in several major historical events, and that’s worth representing.

1 Like

You really do seem like just a hater, though. The Ainus would not be an offensively bad choice for inclusion, considering their prominence in helping other armies. They may have been small, but they had a relevant and important role in several major historical events, and that’s worth representing.

1 Like

I’ve never even heard of the Ainus.

Also, using my own words against me is a silly and unoriginal tactic. That just makes you look silly.

That just proves your ignorance towards them.

2 Likes

Touche. I don’t know much about history outside of a view areas, but I’m always willing to learn.

But not from you guys.

1 Like

the Ainus have a ton of potential.

Anyone who claims they’re not historically relevant doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

2 Likes

All right, I get the picture.

Y’all are a bunch of bullies, and I want nothing to do with any of you in the future. Goodbye.

2 Likes

Historical relevance is the real test, and the Ainus were definitely relevant in multiple ways. Thus, they are a good fit.
Honestly, the argument that Hokaido is not relevant at all to medieval history is one borne of ignorance and lack of knowledge.

2 Likes

Could you guys please stop with the flood.

4 Likes

Are we gonna get more civs this summer?