What do you think the civs will be

Who is requesting Persia? People from Iran are unable to access and purchase the game legally without VPNs. It’s would be a way for a developer to shoot themselves in the foot.

1 Like

Why do people insist you have to be from a certain region to play that civ? Not everyone is a fanatic jingoist.

Persia is hugely popular all over the world.

15 Likes

Persia is an ancient civilization that butted heads with the Romans and still lives on to this day…
But nah, I can not imagine how people outside of Iran could be interested in one of the most persistent civilizations in history…

4 Likes

A complete rework to Germany as an addition would not be bad at all

1 Like

I think they are going to add Brazil and Gran Colombia.

The civilizations that I would like to see added are: Argentines, Great Colombians, Brazilians, Peruvians, Chileans, Mapuche, Guaraní, Tehuelche and Tupi.

1 Like

Baltic Sea DLC!!!

Danes, Poles and Prussians civs + more Royal Houses.

7 Likes

Absolutely.

Players from all over the world like the idea of an AOE3 Persia due to the fact that:

1. The continuity from AOEII and their representation of Persia.
  2. It was one of the ‘Gunpowder’ civs - they were a large, extenstive empire with a military to match and were of significance during the whole time span.
  3. It’s another more exotic, brand new civ over a European one (no disrespect epect to Euro civs!).
5 Likes

I am

8 Likes

Maybe Asian civs? Corea, Persia…

2 Likes

I will eat my hat if it doesn’t include Persia.

It will be interesting if we get civs that fit into the current civ regions/age-up mechanics or if we get a brand new system.

1 Like

16660a9bf2e7c181df2e9ae1746d938e60c80237_2_690x488
quick reminder of all the black spots we have left on the map. i hope for more asian maps + natives and think europe is quite full already.

maybe persia + siam?

but i’m happy with all :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Any way I can get a bigger version of this image? It looks really nice but the current resolution makes it nigh unreadable

3 Likes

ty ^^ its part of this thread

1 Like

Gran Columbia is not a civilization. It’s merely the name of a short lived state. When will people understand?

2 Likes

2 Likes

They understand it, they just don’t care. Also the reason I think Gran Colombia will be added is because it seems to be more popular among Europeans. :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: To all non-Europeans, which South American civilizations do you find most interesting?

Mapuche and Guarani.

2 Likes

Safavid , Afsharid ?

1 Like

you mean Persia? no need to write a dynasty.

4 Likes

South and Central America are really underrepresented as well. I think thematic DLCs could be a chance to add more maps to America and Asia. That and splitting big regions (namely Siberia, Andes, Amazonia, Mexico, India and China) into more maps.

For America, maybe we could get 2 native civs or 1 native + 1 former colony. And if at least 3 to 4 maps were added to the Central America region, Mayas and Zapotecs could be removed from Andes, Amazonia and Orinoco.

2 Likes