What do you think the civs will be

since vividly left FE i dont think we should imagine new maps.

I hope they hire more map designers.

3 Likes

That’s a little sweeping. I’d argue that for many Europeans (including myself) that Gran Colombia isn’t even on the radar (if known much about at all). It lasted for all of 11 years or so. A Revolution perfectly encapsulates that it.

2 Likes

It is a fact that those who want Gran Colombia as a civilization do not care that it lasted a short time, I do not understand why that concept is radical.

There’s a reason I said it seems to be popular, I’m not sure if it is, but if it is this might encourage the developers to add it as a civilization.

I would also like to make one thing clear, this is what I think is going to happen, but not what I want to happen, I don’t think I have to explain which two civilizations I want added to the game, right?

One could always just call it “Colombians” and then let you revolt into the other countries, like Mexico.

However, if we end up getting something from the Americas, I prefer something a bit more original, especially native civs like the Haida, Mapuche or Guarani

1 Like

:hugs::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::hugs:

1 Like

If there were no USA and Mexicans civs, I wouldn’t even think about adding post-colonial American civs. Of course I choose Tupi and Mapuche.

Just because of the presence of USA and Mexicans civs I want to see these Postcolonial civs: Argentinians, Brazilians and Gran Colombians (they necessarily have Muisca content just like the Mexicans civ have Mayan content).

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Peru in one moment encompassed all of south america minus Brazil, including Colombia and Argentina. Its the go-to option if you consider that rev civs seems to start in a colonial setting or with colonial references and it ends up with events from after their independence; and considering also that Mexico can revolt to Cental America because it was part of their territory at some point.

2 Likes

Despite being Danish, I hope for the upcoming DLC to be either “More Asian Dynasties” or “Something of the Pacific” (Maori & Hawaiians + Oceania maps) rather than “Something of the Baltic” (Danes & Poles).

A Pacific/Oceania DLC would allow for a new world region with DLC-locked maps, just like the African Royals and KotM did.
An Asian DLC wouldn’t quite do the same (there are a few regular map options left in Asia, but locking those to a DLC would feel arbitrary) - but it could add some Historical Maps based on Asian wars from the AoE3 timeframe.

I also think there’s a small chance of getting a pirate themed DLC (Buccaneers & Barbary Pirates). Which might actually work, but it’s definitely not what I think is most needed in the game.

2 Likes

i don’t think you should imagine the DLC comes with maps, it will be civs only.

I’d bet you my house that they include maps.

Why? Every single Expansion Pack-style DLC has included new maps (including pre-DW packs).

Egypt is a revolution…so maybe could be Greeks and Danes…the next dlc maybe is Poles and Danes for promocionate AoM Retold…

Alpine dlc…Liechenstein and Swiss xd…

That were the Swedes and Italians, that are already in the game…

Yeah, but we already have a Great Plains civ…

Luxembourg were Dutch until 1890, Andorra were French until 1814, San Marino tecnically are Italians…

In South America, the Mapuche were like the Lakota and the Guarani were like the Haudenosaunee…

And they appear in all of AoE except AoM, AoE 3 and AoE 4 (they appear in AoE 1, 2 and AoEO)…

Yeah, it would be great…more Federal American civs…i would add Haiti too…

Maybe will be Danes and Poles and Hohenzollern Royal House…

Exactly, that Persia not appear until now in the game is so annoying…i think Persia was appear in the launch of the game in 2020…

Oman, Burma, Siam, Vietnam…

1 Like

I hope we get Polynesian civs or some South American NA’s.

vividly was the one who made those maps, he is no longer working for FE.

1 Like

Vividly might have been the only (AoE3) map maker on the FE team, given the lack of maps since he left, so worst case scenario we won’t get any new maps, but 3DE HAS added maps to the base game (as in, you don’t need to pay for a DLC to get them) after release.

I mean, it’s entirely possible WE and/or FE has hired a map maker…

You gotta think AoMR will be getting new maps too, especially if a new civ comes along as part of the package.

2 Likes

i mean the post said “we are excited to reveal a new DLC with new civilizations” idk to me that sounds like it is just civs being added.

my pick, in order of preference:

1. Middle East: Persians, Omanis (Arabs)
  2. Africa: Kongolese, Zimbabweans (Shona)
  3. Southeast Asia: Siamese, Burmese
  4. Europe: Danes, PLC
  5. Americas: Brazilians, Mapuches
  6. Tributary states: Koreans, Vietnamese

Next civ: The Knights Templar

1 Like

I wonder if there will be 2 or more civilizations, maybe this is an expansion? :crossed_fingers: