What do you think we are gunna get in a May PUP?

That’s why it needs a rework!

2 Likes

Agreed, however they do lack a late game gunpowder skirmisher type unit, which could be quite nicely fulfilled by small batches of State Militia or Sharpshooters.

I apologies for my acquired taste in humour, in future I’ll strive harder to be more humorous.

Japanese army is too eficient by stacking bonuses for every unit: daymios, wonders, arsenal… Its one of the most played civs on both modes, treaty and supremacy

2 Likes

Why do I get the feeling you’ve had a few drinks? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha not this time. Now I’m trying to just do these things myself.

2 Likes

Well in that case then I’m gonna have to be skeptical of this much touted canoe rework. I hope you can understand. This is all part of the KotM lore.

2 Likes

There is another thing that I would like the developers to do, I would like the docks to allow the transport of the fishing boats from one to another and also to recycle them receiving half of the wood that we spend on them.

By being able to transport them from one dock to another, we can save them from an attack or relocate them from one side of the map to another, I think this is a good option considering that they cost population.

In addition, when there are only food sources, it allows us to recover part of the investment in the fishing vessels in the long term.

By being only half the cost we prevent other players from abusing this mechanic and to prevent the relocation ability from being abused we can make it work similar to Malta Commanderies.

I think that this way going to sea would be more fun. :smile:

PS: I also wish the settlers could fish close to the shore. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would love for the sea to get some attention from the devs. I don’t know if that’s first on my list but I’ll take just about anything.

4 Likes

In Asia…

I would add the War of the Polish succession (1733-1738) prior to the Silesian Wars…

Battle of the Alamo too…

I’m not complaining anyway… the historical maps are incredible and feel like a pseudo campaign…

I would have proposed Pavia (1525) against the French of Francis I…

2 Likes

docks should also heal ships a lot faster by default, especially late game when capital ships have lots of HP. Also ships need to get target lock.

5 Likes

The last several patches have introduced battleship cards and new personalized battleships for each European civ.

6 Likes

That’s true, but it’s only in the late game and we still only have a borderline non-functional AI to play against. Most people don’t even know that there actually is a counter system between water and land because you literally never encounter it in single player.

2 Likes

I don’t see the appeal of personalized battleship cards outside of maps with euro natives, why wouldn’t I have the infinite card instead, lets say you get into a drawn out game with water play and lose your battleship while the enemy doesn’t, you can forget contesting water in that case unless you’re China and are able to spam fire junks or Malta after having sent the card that activates them.

1 Like

Some New Home City Cards I think could be coming…

House of Romanov (Age I) - Russia
Ships 1 Royal Embassy Wagon and unlocks Northern Musketeers, along with all their upgrades. Northern Musketeers’ build limit is increased to 30 (from 15) but they do take up population. Northern Musketeers are now also trainable in forts.

Great Northern Wars (Age 1) - Sweden
Ships 1 Royal Embassy Wagon and unlocked Royal Arquebusier and Royal Huntsmen, along with all their upgrades. Both units have a build limit of 15 each and now take up population. They can now both be trainable in forts.

Home-Land Mercenaries (Age 1) - Britain/China/France/Germany/India/Italy/Japan/Ottomans/Portugal
Allows the training of each nation’s native mercenaries in all military buildings regardless of the map. However, all mercenary units now gain a 50% additional food cost (i.e a German Jaeger now costs 200 coin + 100 food etc.). All home city military tech shipments now effect the native mercenaries too (i.e Highlanders and Irish Brigadier will now benefit from all 3 British musketeers’ upgrade cards etc.). Shown below are the units that will be unlocked by each nation and the cost of the shipment.

British - Highlander, Irish Brigadier, and Harquebusier (600 coin)
Chinese - Iron Troop and Manchu (400 coin)
France - Fusilier, Zouave, Mounted Riflemen and Napoleon Gun (1200 coin)
Germany - Landsknecht, Jaeger, Giant Grenadier and Black Rider. (900 coin)
India - Jat Lancers and Arsonists (700 coin)
Italy - Elmetto and Armored Pistoleer (800 coin)
Japan - Ronin, Ninja and Yojimbo (1200 coin)
Ottomans - Askari, Pandour, Stradiot and Mameluke (1100 coin)
Portuguese - Cannoneer (100 coin)

German Mercenary Contracts (Age 4) - Sweden
(not a new card just a slight change in the original card to balance the “Home-Land Mercenaries” card)
Mercenaries get +40% (up from 25%) hit points and attack; Jaegers and Landsknechts can be trained at Barracks and Galleons; Black Riders can be trained at Stables and Galleons.

Outlawed Heroes (Age 4) - USA and Mexico
Reduces the population to 1 and reduces the cost by 25% of ALL outlaws. (Removes Dance Hall card - I’m not sure why Ronin like to dance so much?? :rofl: Anyway, I’m not sure why everyone seems to have access to Ronin especially the New World nations)

6 Likes

More or less Japan would look like this:

Not a bad idea, but Japan is already strong enough.
I like the idea of acquiring gatlings XD.

1 Like

nerf to native french boost card

1 Like

Yeah I think you’re right there. I didn’t consider how evenly spread the French roster of native mercenary units is - alone they would make a pretty OP army. I only really considered historical relevance.

To nerf this card maybe cap the population of native mercenaries troops that can be trained to 40 population worth. This will mean you’ll only be able to train a maximum of 20 fusiliers/Zouaves or 10 mounted riflemen/ Napoleon guns or a mixture of the all four.

Do you think this cap is too high or low for what will be “top tier mercenaries” ?

Just as another side note; despite this card being an Age 1 shipment, the units they provide will only be available mostly from Age 3 onwards. (apart from British Irish Brigadiers and Portuguese Cannoneers available in Age 2). The purposes of putting this as an Age 1 shipment is because decks are usually already filled in Age 2 & 3 with more important cards.

He is referring to natives, not mercenaries

De plus les cartes améliorant les statistiques des indigène ont bien été nerf depuis DE et pour finir, bah si l’adversaire français mass des indigènes cela veut simplement dire que vous l’avez laissé dominer la map et construire librement ses trading post (cela suppose donc qu’il a eu pas mal de bois à dépenser aussi).

1 Like

honestly, i dont think there will be may pup, but at first they need to make hotkeys automatically are moved to the PUP.
the only thing i would like to add to the game is time of develoving or creating displayed on IU

2 Likes