What do you want for a new DLC

I want another one or two militia line tech. Arson can be free for all infantry but spearman.
And another one for Camels. Camel Rider +1PA. Available for a very handful civs - Turks, Tatars, Mongols, Byzantines that don’t have good camel or rely on to them too much to counter cav.

You don’t necessary need available slot to add new unit or tech.
One tech can hide another one or a unit (perhaps I don’t know if the code can allow that).
Even if 2 upgrades do different things, they can share the same slot. Like chemestery and bombard tower.

For example after elite eagle warrior, it can have an upgrade for increase the attack of eagle warrior against trash cavalry (actually Astec don’t have a cost efficiently unit to counter a trash unit(winged hussard)).

They can easily change UI to allow it

I hope that eventually all the models will be separated by individual civs. That way we can mod unit skins only for specific civs without needing to mod the database. I expect it to come as a regular update, not a dlc.
Second, I want a security patch, but that also shouldn’t come in a dlc. Uhmm same goes for visual improvement and better translations.
Half of the things in this thread should come as regular updates imo.

1 Like

New civs and campaigns for me. I wouldn’t mind unique regional skins for units as per geographical locations. We’re now getting unique castle models which is a start.

2 Likes

Imagine if they had more player slots and player colors from 8 to (16 players) in one of the DLCs :slight_smile: but i do 100% welcome more civs

1 Like

Unlikely due to lag issues.

Ig for LAN parties or singleplayer games against the AI it could work.

UI is something untouched since the cd game pretty sure they wont touch that.

They touched it for 3DE…

Well this is 2 and they kept the original flavors which are the main selling points for this game.Just look at how unhappy people were with the aoe3 gimmicky first dlc lotw.

And still are.
(20 characters)

1 Like

Regional monks would be the next step after the trade carts. Give the trade cart guy a shirt too. Also time to give us regional queens and more than one type of King for the Europeans - Southern, Northern, Western and Eastern…

1 Like

Would they differ that much?

More variety for editor and scenario design. A Byzantine Emperor unit should look different from a French King no?

3 Likes

With the recent addition of regional trade carts, the possibilities for the editor and making more immersive trade/commerce focussed scenarios/campaigns has grown… if there any of the game developers seeing this post, would it be possible to add a Camel caravan unit WITHOUT a cart attached?

The camel used in the new trade cart for the Middle Eastern civilisations, as well as the donkey unit (in the image below) already have some trade bags and bundles on it.

This one humped camel and the Bactrian Camel variant, and the horse and elephant units could have these put on them - so we could use them as scenario units (scenario editor only).
The basic graphic assets are already there and it would not be too hard to add them in. Adding this would so much improve the game richness.

I am already looking at ways to create and add in trade goods into this game as well. Such as silk, sacks of rice/wheat, tea casks, blocks of iron/steel, weapons and other stuff you could see in a market/store area.

4 Likes

I would love to see this in game, we could also have llama caravans for the Incas specifically. There may be an issue with all those units having different hit box, though?

2 Likes

When did this happen?

A couple of patches ago. Yours should have been updated.

Why would hitboxes be an issue? The Donkey could be replaced by the Camel, Horse, Llama and Elephant units carrying their packloads quite easily I think :wink: