What I would love to see in the upcoming AOE4 Patch

I agree. Especially when we talk about civs without Knights or Man At arms in Age 2. For example Delhi. We saw how Viper abused Men at Arms as English vs Delhi. Chinese and Delhi have no way to deal with armored units in Age 2. We saw some Delhi play but no one bothered with the Chinese.

Agreed. Similar to the Knight, the best answer to this unit is the unit itself. I suggest lowering its damage to 40 or 35 and increasing its bonus damage to siege so that it deals the same damage vs Siege but performs worse against other units. 60 damage per shot is too strong.

You know something is wrong when masses of Longbows are played vs Mangonels. You can always heal Longbows. This upgrade needs to get fixed. Longbows must be unable to benefit from this upgrade for some time. The way it works right now is that every Longbow has a cooldown on the ability, but that doesn’t matter with 20 Longbowmen.

Agreed. This thing itself makes all non-French civs obsolete on water maps and we have seen this time and time again in the tournament. Players save their french pick on the Water map.

Yep. This will happen soon.

This is likely the reason why we have seen no one play HRE so far. HRE is in a much better place than the Chinese at the moment but its held back by bugs.

I don’t agree on this one. With how strong Springalds are, overinvesting into Mangonels can be a huge trap. Yes Mangonels are strong, but you can split units via formations. You can absolutely use a lot of units to an unlucky shot. But combat in Aoe4 is quite slow, so its nice to have some “explosive” and tense moments.

I would like to add that:

Chinese need buffs desperately. They earlygame was nerfed too hard. They used to start with +2 villagers, then this bonus was removed. They used to start with +100 food instead of +2 vills, this was removed aswell.

Chinese have the worst Landmarks in the entire game. Their Landmarks need buffs.

• The Kremlin is superiour to the Barbican of the sun against every enemy with 3 or less armor.
  • The Imperial Academy’s best use is being able to upgrade officials to carry 40 gold. Officials should be able to carry more gold as it is.
  • The Age IV Wonder Spirit way is completely useless unless you spend ressources on a Dynasty and you are never going to build Zhuge Nu in Age IV anyway. This is easily the worst Landmark in the entire game.
  • The Great Wall Gatehouse is a boring bonus thats just gimmicky and not useful. Getting a Keep like other civs get would be much better.

Tax collection has issues and is unreliable. The 30 second cooldown to select tax from one building needs to be lowered.

Here is a link talking about Chinese issues in more detail:

The Dynasty system is a trap. Anything other than Song Dynasty is a giant waste of ressources. Think about Abbasids and their unique upgrades, then look at how much Chinese has to pay for unique Dynasty bonuses.

Whats worse is you, lose these bonuses. You also lose access to special units and buildings! This should not be the case.

Its not worth to spend 1800 ressources and then another 250 wood per granary just to have some 15% gather rate increase on food. Meanwhile, Abbasids pay about 700 ressources in Age 3 for the same bonus. This is such an easy example yet is perfectly summarized how overpriced. the Dynasty bonuses/unlocks are.

Chinese need a way to deal with Armored units in Age 2. Zhuge Nu are too weak for their price, they even lose to Archers in direct combat because they have lower range. Zhuge Nu should have an upgrade to be strong against Armored units in Age 3.

You don’t need a unit that is good against Spearmen. You already have Archers. Zhuge Nu are useless against Knights and Men at Arms.

The Nest of Bees has multiple bugs. And its worse than a Mangonel. See this Link:

Palace Guards are the worst Men at Arms in the game. They don’t work with -1 armor. Other civs have not only unique upgrades but also ways to make their Man At Arms run fast.

Man At arms need their area of effect attack every 7th attack back. Increase their armor by 1. Lower their speed. They need to go back to their pre-stress test status. I have no idea why they they were nerfed so hard.

See this link for a summary:

The Granaries are bad and Tax collection has multiple issues. See these discussed here:

1 Like