What is the best color ?

My go to color is hot pink. AoE: DE needs a color wheel so we can have any color we want.

Red is the color of passion. I am passionate about red being the best color.

Blue, love the campaign feeling even on MP.

1 Like

Yellow or Red. Depends on what is available

@Cysion said:
Definitely purple >:)

Does that mean there will be purple in AoE:DE?

I always loved the 8th-player color. That aquamarine is beautiful in AoE units and buildings.

Teal is the nicest to look at, especially with Asian buildings ;p
Grey for trolling your enemy. Comes to mine stone that everyone forgot to mine, is actually a small army. Build stuff in a red base, they don’t see it. Hide one villager in your enemy’s stone eco, they never notice.
Blue for water maps, cannot see on minimap ;p
Green was odd, very bright on minimap but dark on the actual units.
Brown, yellow, never really liked them ;p The yellow was dirty XD
Blue is classic.
Red and orange if you want to be fiery.

However, the new AOE, the green is a nice light green. Forgot seeing a yellow unit, maybe that was the new yellow - light green. The red is nice and crimson. And best of all teal is still teal. And contrasts very well with all the browns and golds.

To me, the color I pick really depends on the civilization that i am playing. It usually relates to the flag of the civilization, sometimes some other cultural aspect.
That said, Green followed by Red are favourites for me.

@Cysion said:
Definitely purple >:)

Wulf loves the purple…lol. Nice of you to stop by…wanna spill some goodies on the new game? hehe

For me the best color is red, there is no color on the same minimap and so do not confuse your troops with grass or forest (green), with a stone ore (gray), with a gold ore (yellow) , With the sea (blue), or with the sand on a map of desert (brown or orange), it was difficult for me to distinguish them sometimes XD

1 Like

Grey was factually the best (In terms of competitive play) as it showed up the least on the mini map.

classic blue, ill give you some love <3

1. Green
  2. Blue
  3. Purple/Teal
1 Like

Teal no real reason, just like it.

Yellow

Yellow, easy to see on the map and still not too bright

Yellow. Gotta play in style!!!

Back in high school, my friends and I played our own ffa/diplomacy varient. None of us were particularly good at rts games at the time. So, fun was the most important aspect. We would start as ffa, but if you were effectively defeated we would allow teaming to whoever killed you. At that point, you were a battle thrawl/economy slave. You could, however, revolt later. Being a color that let you blend into the map was good for revolting because you could sneak units away to prepare.

@sirusx715 said:
Back in high school, my friends and I played our own ffa/diplomacy varient. None of us were particularly good at rts games at the time. So, fun was the most important aspect. We would start as ffa, but if you were effectively defeated we would allow teaming to whoever killed you. At that point, you were a battle thrawl/economy slave. You could, however, revolt later. Being a color that let you blend into the map was good for revolting because you could sneak units away to prepare.

I played diplomacy Western Europe map yesterday and got the respect of the players for holding on and eventually having an allied victory, I would have lost without allied victory. They key was the grey colour, res wasn’t an issue but space to build was.

I noticed that red players tend to be pretty aggresive, rush and stuff, nightmares haha.