What is this? Matchmaking aint fair at all

What is the point matching 1.3 and 1.4k vs player that are 1.8-1.9k TG and 2.1k 1v1s ??? Dont care about elo, -2 only but getting stomped that hard aint fun. Gonna have aoe insights open now while game is on, wasting less time resigning @5min.

1 Like

How long is the queuing time of this match?

Less than 2 min, i queued 1v1, 2v2, 3v3

1 Like

it’s nothing new.

matchmaker does that in 1 out of 3 teamgames i get matched into.

on top of that team even numbers is stacked so they probably are on voice or are used to play with each other.
it’s barely possible to win against that.

I check the time interval between games for that red carrot team and I estimate their waiting time are more than 10 minutes. I guess it is the reason why someone is the victim and this is you this time

2 Likes

Now we played vs 400-600 elo dif in TG :D:D:D:D My friend is a bit over 1.2k, vs 1.9k

1 Like

Time to quit this game, wasting time. Maybe put viper vs 1k players next, so cool

1 Like

Yes exactly the same case. Just encounter a #1xx yesterday and gg wp

1 Like

Maybe devs wake up and realize how ##### ## current system is, max 2min wait time for a game like that? I get 100/200 elo dif, but 700 ??? I might try few times, but when matchmaking gives games like these, idk. COH3 is close, so time to fix some things.

1 Like

1500 vs 1810 player and I get -16 :smiley: best system ever. His teammate was on 3rd TG

2 Likes

Team Games are never fair thats why I rarely play them. They are fun if you use voice chat or just for messing around but the daily grind is better and way more balanced 1v1.

1 Like

https://www.upload.ee/image/14601573/image_2022-10-20_231956587.png
200 elo higher + dude like this in a team. If this is not smurfing, then what is? And when we can hope for fixes for things like these?

2 Likes

image_2022-10-21_210412459
Solid gameplay, watching aoe companion now every game, so I can just del vils and tc. Perfect system

1 Like

DE matchmaking and map pools are indeed afwul

disconnect between the DE ladder and the classic RTS game is enormous

1 Like

It’s hard enough to find team games as it is. Most people would rather play people ranked much higher and learn from the loss than wait in the queue forever for a game. Play 1v1 if it’s that much of an issue.

2 Likes

But almost 400 elo dif + 2.4k 1v1 player vs 1.5k

it’s closer to 300 elo difference and it doesn’t take 1v1 rating into account.

you still have about a 15% chance of winning according to elo calculations.

what is your recommendation on how this should be changed? yeah, it can be frustrating to get a lopsided matchup, but it’s even more frustrating to sit in queue for ages

3 Likes

Do you wanna wait 30 mins ++ in the queue? Because i don’t. The only possible solution i can think of is a slider bar where you can set the max ELO limit with a warning saying this will extend your waiting time. Also have a real-time ‘number of players online now’ counter on your server so you can get a realistic idea of the likelihood of a match relatively soon.

2 Likes

Would easily wait more. Elo system is there for a reason, I can go maybe even vs +200 elo, but 400 elo TG and 1k 1v1 dif is too much. I never played 400 below me, only above me. I can multitask while waiting for a game that can be equal and back to back, no point wasting time to get basicly #####

1 Like

image_2022-11-11_063556005
I got -17 from this while I was ca 100 lower than 1 enemy and my teammate was ca 100 lower than enemy lowest. Overall 200 elo dif, teammate got matched vs 324 elo ??? Greatest system ever