What "RETOLD" means?

Select one civ for DLC and we have 3 Gods for civ.

Retold is the name to avoid “Definitive Edition” when actually Age of Empires II and III DE got new DLCs, so they aren’t so Definitive.

Expect DLCs for AoM, probably Aztecs.

1 Like

please, don’t remake AOM
We need a new game, even the game contains aom original contents…
If it called aom de, the dev will threat it like AOE3DE, which is a way better game than aoe4, but they don’t even mention it in 25 ann.

Oh, yeah, imagine if they went woke and put an Egyptian woman as a hero in the campaign.
The horror.

8 Likes

I was thinking that they didn’t want to confuse players between extended edition and definitive edition and what the differences are with each edition.

Retold makes more sense here I think.

2 Likes

IT’s RETOLD because its about MYTHS. They are just making it funny, it’s still a definitive edition

11 Likes

yeah, that is also a reason for the name change

Age IV has aomemod it, you can’t see it, and age lll they removed the colonialism term lol

Agreed, and I’d add also:
9. Hindu
10. Native Americans
11. Maritime Southeast Asia

Ohhh please no… that would be so bad…

1 Like

Bruhh… not like that xD

1 Like

There are several female heroes in the campaign and I personally never understood why they didn’t use them for the rest of the game outside of campaign.

Norse could have:

• Reginleif
  • (the two dwarves or at least one dwarve)
  • (also Folstag for myth age)

Egypt could have:

• Amanra
  • (Kemsit for Seth)

also never understood why they didn’t use Circe I found her pretty cool back then xD

I bet you could add even more also female heroes if you dig deep enough in mythology or being just creative and add fitting remarkable characters

2 Likes

It might sound odd,
but I always did find Age of Mythology had the biggest potential, that was very weak executed.
I just wonder how much liberties they are allowed to have.

I simply did miss there the depth of gameplay mechanics like from Age of Empires 3, The Battle for Middle-earth, Stronghold, Empire Earth.

I really would like to see there a massive overhull.

2 Likes

I mean it isn’t definitive as in “We’ll never release DLCs or expansions”. It is that it is definitive over the other versions that exists (the originals or HD versions). Why would they not include new content, it is the weirdest argument, shouldn’t they release patches then as well because the title of the version?

It isn’t to avoid anything, it is a spin-off game of the series, it has everything to do with myths, plenty of them were told, the stories of AoM were a telling of stories. Now we’re getting a new version of the game, it is simply retold. Fits perfectly with the theme.

1 Like

But it is a good idea, to revive those 20 year old gameplay mechanics?

-You could not free build town centers.
Resources in Age of Mythology: food, wood, gold and favor didnt really work in my opnion,
favor as ressource was very wacky.
the removal of stone did take away a lot of depth by base build

-Myth units units did block each other.
So instead to have 9 different monsters, you had to choose 3 of them.

So I wonder how much rework it gets.

This post reminds me when I call someone ‘hot’ and they say like ‘what is hot’.
It’s like how do you describe what that is?

Well… Hu… Because unique heroes was specifically the Greek thing?
And even them didn’t get all of their heroes from the campaign in other game modes.
But yeah, I would have loved for Circe to be playable as a regular hero.

11 good joke 11
(20 char)

But do you know/remember in AoM each civ has 3 different major gods and every age you chose one minor god? That mean one civ, for example Egyptians, its more like 3… Asking for 8 (equals 24) seems a little… unrealistic

2 Likes

lets hope for the best

2 Likes