What should Microsoft do with Age of Mythology?

I am hoping for a myth2 by relic that’ll come after aoe4. Not really interested in a DE tbh although I love aom.
Spin-off series are usually used for experimentation and for introducing/testing new things.
So, assuming that age4 will be somehow conservative in its approach, a myth2 would be a good chance for the devs to feel free to try out new things and innovate more.

1 Like

as far as I know yes. they bought the IP somewhere in 2010 to 2014, keeping in mind that in 2014 Extended Edition was released. Technically I think they own also the Rise of Legends IP.

I don’t want a de.Because i played AoM for aom’s campaign!for arkantos!for prostagma
lol,anyways
I played aom campaign many times(100-200 times),bruh aom is the my first pc game.i watched my father when he played aom(and i was 3-4 year old.)
Soooo i memorized the campaign,probably i can’t play this campaign again…
I hope they will make aom2

1 Like

After AoE Franchise, hopefully Rise of Nations Franchise will get some love too.

AOM is the missing link between AOE 2 and AOE 3. The god system in AOM is somewhat inherited in AOE 3.

Not sure why they did not remaster AOM

Because they went fully on Age of Empires saga preparing the way for the Return of the King with Age of Empires IV.

The good part of it, is that once all AoE saga be done, they will feel free to take their time with Mythology without all the pressure they now have each time they release an Age:DE till Age IV comes out.

They will have all the time, the resources and the freedom to prepare a good sequel i guess.

Tengri: Ancient mythology of Turkic and Mongolic peoples. Genghis Khan, Attila etc all believed in this.
It is a polytheistic religion. Could be useful to add nomadic gameplay they will have already added with the Mongols in AOE4.

1 Like

Let the game as it is, fix the bugs and framework and release new DLCS

1 Like

I want them to make AoM2 and keep the old civs while adding new ones as well to keep it fresh. For me there is no AoM without Greeks/Norse/Egypt.

4 Likes

100% Agreed my firend!

1 Like

Maybe if aoe 4 is a great success, then they will think about using the engine to adapt in for a aom 2 game.

If aoe4 flops than aom 2 will propably die with it and next thing we can hope for us aom de release after aoe 3 de.

Well AoE III DE will be released BEFORE Age IV so…
but to be honest doesn’t matter if both are a mess, succesful or not they will do something with AoM definitelly. If age IV fails they will only try to reivindicate themselves with AoM

if aoe4 flops too,we can’t see another rts game in these 20 years

I think that the best thing will be a sequel made by Forgotten Empires team, but not in 3d graphics. I think that they could make a pretty good game with all nostalgic feelings and nice new graphics. I’m a big fan of both Age 2 and Mythology and I think that a good and right made sequel could attract some new fans from Age 2 community.

1 Like

Celts also would be good, I think.

Aren’t Celts similar to Norse since they both use runes? If someone can elaborate how Celts would differ from Norse.

Celts have a religion mostly related around nature as far as I know while Norse, how they are designed in AOM at least, more about combat.

They have vastly different gods too. For more details, I would check out that article:

The German article is even better:

It’s basically like comparing Shintoism and Hinduism nowadays. They might seem superficially similar, but they both have their own tradition.

The more myths the better lol. I think much better if we get AoM 2 for the new gods.

1 Like

what about hindus for AoM?

Might be a too sensible topic considering that people still pray to those gods nowadays.

1 Like