What should Microsoft do with Age of Mythology?

Sure,better late (one year later) than never…

Yes,the same is said that it would be working on an AoM DE or AoM 2…

Agreed, but it would be nice if they’d build up on that same engine and add few more civs (myths)

Of course, India, Aztecs and even Yorubas to put another African mythology in the game…

1 Like

Agreed. I think the animations of the buildings and the look of those and the flora looks really pretty in that engine. I don’t get the partly existing hate for AoE4 looks - i personally wouldn’t mind detailed units und a darker setting in UE4 but I doubt this will happen (even I think UE would be really sweet) but all age series are brighter/colourful and that’s great too! AoE4 looks really nice in my opinion. And definitely better than just an upgraded version of the old 2002 game (doubt this engine is still in use correct me if I am wrong)

2 Likes

African mythology in general is very interesting, however the problem with it is that there are so many different groups of peoples not very much related to each other, and none of the groups individually have “enough” monsters to fill the civilization in AOM, so there would need to be an umbrella African civ. But the problem with that is that there will be certainly people who would oppose that…
Similar problem is with Native Americans, beautiful creatures, but not too many in each individual group.

On the other hand, myth creatures of Slavic people are so numerous that you could easily make at least three civs. Hindu has so many myth creatures as well, but to be honest I’m not too sure if they could(should) be put under one umbrella, as we could see in AOE people hated India’s umbrella so it got new civs to break the umbrella…

3 Likes

I too don’t have a problem of how AOE4 looks in terms of graphics, but with overall game in general. It was kinda underwhelming to me… I dunno, maybe I expected too much and got bit disappointed, but i don’t hate it, just not loving it…

3 Likes

I would love to see a slavic civ in AOM

4 Likes

As excited I am for them finally revealing a “DE” for our beloved AoM game I suggest that we keep low expectations in regards to them introducing new mythologies besides the standard 3 from the base game.

I can see them adding 1 or 2 but it depends how big effort it’s going to be, and how much support this will get post launch that will determine how many myths we get etc.

Also another thing, the revealing cinematic was also poorly done, looked like a cinematic from 10 years ago and that worries me about the quality of the game but it’s way too early to judge just being careful to not be disappointed if it turns out to be just like AoE1 DE.

I hope its not them just releasing it and then forget about it like they did with AoE1 DE. They both deserve love.

Pray :pray:

2 Likes

Some low expectations might be necessary but others should be still kept high enough after all those years in my opinion but yes let’s pray together :classical_building::pray:

1 Like

That’s true, that’s why they will have to select important civs in the area… In Europe the Celts and the Slavs are missing… in Africa the Carthaginians, the Malians and the Yorubas…in Asia,Indians and Japanese;and in America,Aztecs and Incas…

Yes,but here is about the myths,not so much of peoples…

4 Likes

They should do a proper sequel after thisDefinitive Edition is released. The posibilities with today’s technology for a fantasy setting are endless. AoM2 should be the very next big title from the franchise they should work on for sure.

3 Likes

Hopefully the only frustrating part is this might take another 5 years or more and then I personally get close to 40 which feels odd if so much time has to pass to play a fully new version when I remind myself I started playing AoM when I was a not even a teenager… like wtf I sometimes wonder how calm and patient some ppl can be not only for this game I mean normally ppl say 10 years irl are much but waiting for a game they love it’s okay to wait this time or more. During I think personally 10 years irl are not that much but for games and new titles they definitely are. At least that’s my point of view.

2 Likes

Tengrism.

Mythology of Turko-Mongols. Ergenekon destiny:

Neighbouring tribes come together and catch them off guard, kill the majority of the nation. A few survivors escape to legendary Ergenekon valley. They reproduce and reproduce for 4 centuries. They forget the way out.

A blacksmith realises one of the mountains covering their exit is made of iron. He melts the iron and Asena the gray wolf guides them out of Ergenekon through there. They catch those neighbouring tribes off guard and establish their hegemony.

In this destiny, I remember in school learning about it the first time how it reminded me of when one of the players in AoE gets his base destroyed and most of his vills killed, starts rebuilding in a corner of the map. Especially in free for alls, when the other players are busy with each other.

1 Like

jep a good ider to do

I’d like to see some new cultures. Do you know when it will be released?

Welcome to our community you two :slight_smile:

Maybe after of AoE 4 in 2025 and then AoE 5 in the modern era (XIX-XXI c.) in 2030 or 2035 maybe?..

And what would be the problem?..As if being 40 years old was an impediment to continue playing video games…there are people who in the 70s played the Atari 2600 and today they still play with more than 40-50 years…

? I didn’t grow up and currently still don’t live in such a social environment you are talking about. These are their and maybe your experiences/opinions but not mine. Just accept my personal opinion on this matter as I do yours please. Thank you.

Ok sorry,i don’t problem with that…

1 Like

It’s okay mate everything fine nice you are part of this community.