What should Microsoft do with Age of Mythology?

I agree. Definitely would love to see an Age of Mythology 2 as well, but I’m being realistic in hoping for a DE atleast. Hahaha!

2 Likes

I hear ‘AOM 2’ and I think ‘this will be like AOE4’.

I hear ‘AOM:DE’ and I think ‘this will be like AOE:DE’, in other words… GREAT.

Age of Mythology we need it in Definitive Edition and Aom2 because that’s what the game deserves for 20 years serving the needs of gamers and gaming experiences.

If we could get Aom to get a fair care and give it at a mysterious price like Aoe2 then many would buy it.

This game would take it to the same level as Aoe2 and we would get a lot of dlc for it and slowly develop an audience like Aoe2, Aoe3, Aoe4 and get a bit in the Age of Empire franchise.

If Microsoft saw that there was a need for such a game and they would do it, everyone would be satisfied.

2 Likes

I’m sad the game is left for dead in a corner. I don’t know what the problem is. Is it because it costs too much to develop the game in a new engine with new mechanics and all? I’d rather hope they use the updated engine from AoE III definitive edition for AoM definitive edition or AoM II, than Microsoft ignoring this game forever.

2 Likes

100% what I was thinking! They seem to have a good thing going with the DE DLC, why not expand it to the neglected Myth fanbase, and maybe allow for colour choice this time.

1 Like

The fact is it’s harder to screw up a definitive edition than a new version.

2 Likes

Tenho AOM Extend Edition, mas baixei de um site qualquer. Quando vou entrar no modo on line não aprece nada. Alguém sabe como resolver. Tenho que ter o original?

Obvio. Nenhum jogo pirata acessa funções multiplayer

After playing the Definitive Editions of AoE I, II, and III, and Age of Empires IV, I’m going to have to go with a Definitive Edition. AoE IV has way too many bugs even now, and I prefer the gameplay of AoM to all the other Age games, especially AoE IV. Its just a personal preference.

2 Likes

Agreed! The only thing missing from AoM last time was the colour choices in custom games.

Well, maybe we’ll get news this year, maybe for Age IV anniversary who knows. But I can bet that it will be soon.

Maybe in the GamesCom will have some hints or news … this year marks the 20th Anniversary of the game …

1 Like

After the disproposition of AoE 4 I got hooked with AoE Online and I am already like level 28 with the Greeks and I say… wow that underrated game is the AoEO…

1 Like

And the 25th of the saga in general…

1 Like

We have to wait … its the 20th anniversary as well … will be a great suprise if the annouce the AOM DE

1 Like

Lets hope they will announce something in two days

1 Like

It’s very improbable…they should do that in the last Gamescon how they did with 3 DE in 2020…if they anounce AoM DE,the game will have to launch in Spring 2023…

Lets hope for the best. fingers crossed

Still, better late than never, right?

I hope they announce AOM:DE this 25th. Would be nice. I dont need a AOM2, (AOE4 is actually a bad game), i prefer a polished version of AOM.