What the actual hell did you guys do to Scenarios?!

In 6 business days this post will be 2 months old. 2020-10-22T05:00:00Z2020-12-22T06:00:00Z

Can you expect something from a beta-like product release? We literally just got the avatar feature a couple of days ago.

Beyond disappointing

3 Likes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I try to play a scenario yesterday ( i wasn’t the host ) and we couldn’t play it in FFA event after rehost
we also add so probleme with the starting age first time we hosted it the host was on postimp age, but for all the player it was age 1 ( in the lobby ), after rehost this probleme was solve.
one of the player couldn’t play because he was unable to press start, he have even try to restart his game but nothink to do.
And for end every one in the lobby was unable to chose is civ and i really don’t think i was the purpose of the scenario because he was absolutly not customise for this

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

)

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. host a scenario

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

BUMP THIS TILL THEY NOTICE AND FIX

2 Likes

re-releasing a game that is 13 years old and not maintaining at least the same functionality as the original is something of an accomplishment

This issue still persists after update 10807.

6 Likes

I want to welcome the entire community in coming together tomorrow to celebrate this post being 2 months old. We will also acknowledge the lack of urgency to address the concerns brought up in this post.

Never did I think a company could incompetently mess up a 13 year old game so badly it completely removed a key function of the game.

AOE3 is already 15 years old ;D
DOnt let the 2007 from steam fool you.
The base game was released 15.9.2005 :slight_smile:
Ive been told by some people, that it in the making of fix. When? Hopefully with the next update after winter break.

The development team is working on this issue and it will be fixed ASAP, thanks for your patience!

9 Likes

We are hopeful, the Art of War Discord Community is hoping that we can finally enjoy Custom Scenarios. Don’t let us down :slight_smile:

1 Like

in 10 days this post will be 3 months old. How’s the ‘ASAP fix’ coming along? We are very anxious to know at the Art of War discord community.

5 Likes

I’m hopeful we have the option to toggle. I do like playing with campaign exclusive civs with this current situation how scenario data is overwriting lobby options.

YAAAAY CUSTOMS IS FINALLY FIXED

1 Like

Rly? Are you absolutly sure?

I can see that FFA and changing civs is available when I hosted a game yesterday but unfortunately there weren’t enough players online for me to get in the game.

Update: I was finally able to play a match but the colosseum custom scenario didn’t work because units would not automatically create. I’ll try another custom scenario.

3 Likes

The reason why a lot of popular scenarios still aren’t playable, is because DE broke some triggers. Conditions that use Army (“Army Distance to Unit”, “Army Distance to Point”, “Army Is Alive”) just simply don’t work. For some reason, when you try the scenario from the built-in Playtester, everythings works perfectly, but as soon as you bring the scenario in multiplayer lobby, all those Army triggers won’t work. These all are extremely often used conditions and it will be a big let-down if the developers don’t fix them, since currently, if you really want to play some scenario that uses these conditions, you have to edit them one by one (“Army Distance to Unit” -> “Distance to Unit”, “Army Is Alive” -> “Is Alive”, etc.) which is an annoying, time-consuming job.

This is the biggest issue at the moment but I’m 100% sure there are still a bunch of bugs in the current scenario editor.

4 Likes

only 3 months? try 6 months and have more bugs than ever before due to new patches. but worry not they’ll give us those event that we never asked for.

in the AOE2DE forum, we got bugs reported from over a year ago and some not yet fixed, sometimes they’d fix something, then the issue come back later in future patches…

Great job team and community!

We are now able to host Custom Scenarios without any issues. I want to thank everyone’s support keeping this thread alive so it can be addressed.

There are still a lot of problems with Custom Scenarios. The Art of War community will be compiling all the bugs and exploits we can in one post so we can make Custom Scenarios a very enjoyable part of our community.

If you want to be a part of this project and share your custom scenarios with our community join our Discord Community: https://discord.gg/xgjn4aE

Art of War will be posting Custom Scenarios very soon.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been addressed anywhere but there is an issue with custom triggers. In legacy, we could simply drag and drop trigger packs (XML files with conditions/effects) into trigger3 and off we went. Now in DE we have to directly edit data.bar in order to add in these files. I’ve tried adding them in using a local mod, but the game doesn’t detect the new files. Interestingly enough, if I add a file called “TriggerData.xml” to say “%userprofile%\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE\7\mods\local\TriggerPack\data\trigger” the game detects any changes I make there.

You can simply create the needed folders
So create a folder in the location where the age3_de.exe is
Create" Data\Triggers "
put custom triggers there. No need to edit the bar files.

3 Likes

Looks like that worked, thanks.

1 Like