What's the password of this secret?

2 Likes

The password is SUPER SECRET. So, no one knows so far

4 Likes

I even tried manbearpig & it didn’t work. :frowning:

It’s probably like a 30 digit string of random numbers, letters, and special characters, so unless you can copy paste it, or brute force hack it, you probably won’t get it.

uhhh man brute forcing this thing will take ages if we cant narrow it down it a bit… can we make a wordlist at least with any information we have?

I think the answer might be the name of new dlc, but we don’t know what it is

It depends from what is the concept behind this post. If the want to hide it until it is ready to be published, of course the password will be a random multiple digit including letters and numbers. But if it like a “treasure hunt game” and they want people to unlock the information, then it will be a well known age of empires relatedm word or number.

Do they want us to know? If so, try every taunt, cheat code, possible civ, potential DLC name, and the probably some other stuff.

I’ve tried many possibilities, porto, india, indian, wololo, howdoyouturnthison…and even “super secret”

1 Like

It might be having max of 20 characters, source code of the webpage suggests.

<form action="https://www.ageofempires.com/wp-login.php?action=postpass" class="post-password-form" method="post">
                                <p>This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:</p>
                                <p><label for="pwbox-100647">Password: <input name="post_password" id="pwbox-100647" type="password" size="20"></label><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Enter"></p>
                            </form>

1 Like

It lets me fit way more than 20 characters.

Maybe it just crops your entered password and sends just the first 20 characters for verification into their server.
Post correct password entry it might redirect you to this website. https://www.ageofempires.com/wp-login.php?action=postpass But the link is not opening. I don’t know it’s just a guess from my side.

I just realised that the way it’s written implies you got to be logged in and use your MS account password, but it obviously doesn’t work. I also tried with my Steam account and it doesn’t work either. So probably it only works for a select few accounts or not at all. I also don’t think this redirect is the correct answer, I know someone who got it from typing “morocco” , and it made me realise including a " in the password will trigger that every time.

3 Likes

I got that redirect it from typing “india”, and now I cannot even acces the main AoE site.

this redirect obviously just appears everytime while using " in your pw attempt, this should not deny you access to anything, at least it doesn’t for me.

did anyone dig deeper into these Sage Of Empires Blogposts ?
Especially A Valentine’s Day Note For You from 10th Feb. and An Expansion on Medieval Cats from 18th Feb. seem to contain some hints the community didn’t decipher yet, i think.
the first one contained:
love
jewelry
ring
treasures
engage
and there were highlighted letters in the second post:
a
e
d

this reddit comment from user Buchitaton came up with an interpretation which would give away Somali, Siamese and Bengal as potential Civs with a link to (the) India (n Ocean) and the Portuguese.

but what about the letters A E & D ? Maybe the initials of the name of de DLC?

IF the obviously not-so-super-secret riddle CAN be solved, we should maybe work on these highlighted three letters which are not interpreted or explained yet.

5 Likes

James Bond

everyone knows :rofl:

The words which the E & D are highlighted are important too:

Present & Expand

Age of Empires DE
could be this? 11

1 Like

There might not actually be a page behind the password yet.

It would be kind of cheating, but that would be a way to prevent hackers (and people who know how to show the source code and read html) from exposing the secret too early. Instead the actual post pass site might not go up until the day the hidden password is revealed somewhere.

This post on the main AoE homepage is just a huge troll. Which I actually find very funny.

1 Like