When will release the DLC Return to Rome of AoE II?

I don’t see anything to suggest that there will be another DLC this year that hasn’t been alluded to already. I’d love to be wrong, but considering how long it’s taken them to put out some fairly simple things that were announced a while ago (e.g. “Popular mods as in-game settings”), I don’t see an unknown multi-civ DLC catching us by surprise.

They said " So, you liked Dynasties of India? We’re taking notes."

Plot Twist:
They will be publicly releasing all the notes they took about how people liked Dynasties of India. Pages and pages of notes. High notes, low notes, great loads of quotable notes of how they kept our hopes afloat as a boat upon a moat with new civs upon which we did dote, at which feat they did gloat that AOE2 was voted in as the GOAT.
No new (Medieval) civs though, that’s so 2022.

9 Likes

It should release by the end of the first semester of 2023.

1 Like

I think they have been working in a very different way with a different size team back then.
It was also the first expansion they made to AoE2HD (Forgotten Empires was made as a mod before AoE2HD).

Sumerians and the USA in a DLC? Let’s go!

3 Likes

another technology I thought it would be interesting to add. Footwear (shoes) tool age: increases the speed of walking units and villagers by …℅.

Since Return of Rome DLC will most likely premiere in mid-May, maybe it would be possible to release 2 other DLCs this year:

• Second DLC in 2023 - August/September
  • Third DLC in 2023 - November/December
1 Like

The DLC have certainly been canceled…

What DLC has been canceled? X DDD

Look again - they confirmed the release date to be 16th May! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is your basis?
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 DLCs are pretty optimistic.

fact is, there will be at least 1 more DLC this year. which is probably similar to DoI.

1 Like

######################## post:29, topic:228104"]
What is your basis?
:cowboy_hat_face:
[/quote]

Sweet dreams :woozy_face:

I hope. But I think the developers may have also prepared some content for future DLCs during this long break.

1 Like

The DLC for the Return of Rome was finally released on May 16th, but when did the trailer appear

whats the 2nd DLC? also where u see this i dont recall it, only the ROME one

In the next weeks :slight_smile:

Would be pretty cool to have a Tulou which could function as a bigger house (+10 pop) and can attack. Maybe a Southern Chinese civilization.

OMG What a great news ! I thought it will never release…

“We’re inviting some ancient friends to hang out” → RoR DLC

“So, you liked Dynasties of India, we’re taking notes…” → other DLC

6 Likes

I mean, RTS in general is a genre where stuff takes longer to develop for, so you generally need some more patience there! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Im ok for patience ! But usually studios post some few teasers before relase date announcement. For RoR, there wasn’t any announcement for a half year, even not a post on Twitter. That’s why I thought it was dead in the egg.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree that communication was difficult, but that’s generally how things are managed regarding AoE.

Dawn of the Dukes for example was announced in April 2021 as part of the Fan Preview and we didn’t know about the exact content up until 5 days before release:
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe2de-dukes-preorder/

Similar case with Dynasties of India whose achievements popped up in January/February 2022 along with the DLC’s codename “Porto” and the exact content was revealed only two weeks before release:
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/dynasties_of_india_is_here/

In case of RoR, the achievements for it popped up last month (yet hidden and named placeholder-like) and the DLC itself also started appearing on SteamDB as hidden and unnamed :slight_smile: So it’s perfectly in time also considering they worked on the Xbox Port, are probably busy with AoM Retold and helping out on AoE 4 as well.

2 Likes