Where is the support?

Only halberdier and hussar came from Conquerors all else you mentioned was in Age of Kings.

2 Likes

You know, I used to think AoE I was a game that the devs had great respect for, a game that they loved deep in their heart, a game that they would support forever but it seems now that all they want is money and that AoE II is the only way they think they’re gonna get it.
:unamused:

5 Likes

AoE1DE Needs.

Requirements:
Updates and events!!

More civs such as:

Parthians

Nubians

Israelites

Philistines

Canaanites

Ancient Armenia

Celts

Galls

Germania

Greater Zimbabwe

Peoples from the Indus valley.

Xiongnu

Unique unit for each civ. Similar to AoE2.

Implementation of Land trade, trade caravans, trade routes. Preferably camels with empty baskets that returns on the trade route with full baskets.

Add gates to city walls!

Greek tech tree, could we please add the sword line for the Greeks, at least up to long sword?

Reduce their siege capabilities and enable the sword line please.

Civ bonus idea: Give the Greeks a unique tech called philosophers that allows you to age up 50% faster.

Thank you for this still amazing game.

7 Likes

And also Barbarian civs and campaigns :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

8 Likes

They would make way more money if they added a DLC

8 Likes

No, that is AoE2 territory, keep AoE1 AoE1

Simple yes. Even this game would gain some fame and popularity after years of silence.

3 Likes

A lot of money.

I agree, but we really need something new. I want a weird new mechanic introduced in a new expansion. I like weird.

6 Likes

How about Barbarian civs. Their units get a special ability when they get down to 10% of their hp, they go into a beserking rage and attack faster.
Would require some balancing of course…

3 Likes

A completely new barbarian civs would be perfect for this :wink:

3 Likes

Seems cool.

Perfect indeed.

4 Likes

Barbarian civs - Germanians, Goths, Huns, Slavs and Scythians.

4 Likes

Why call them Germanians? German seems fine.

To make it sound more archaic.

1 Like

Ok.

In the case of these civs, you can get a bit of inspiration from TW: Attila.

1 Like

Cool.

1 Like

I would say TW:Rome 2 is more accurate time, Attila is pretty much past AoE1 timeline.

As barbarians civs best choices would be pretty much: Celts, Germani - they could have same architecture. Scythians is also good choice but they cant use same building sets like Celts.

Atleast celts are already bronze age civilization/culture.

2 Likes

Attila is a great ending to the game - the fall of Rome is a topic for many campaigns;)

It is worth adding that the Dark Ages can be described as the transition period between antiquity and the late Middle Ages. AoE 2 and AoE 3 overlap historically (AoE 2: 5-16 Century; AoE 3: 15-19 Century), so AoE 1 could easily encompass the Dark Ages as well (as the last Age - Marble Age).

2 Likes

Actually, the Scythians should have the nomadic style of architecture, but you would have to add at least 2 other nomadic civs. Maybe Xiongnu (Mongols) and Huns.

1 Like