Where is the support?

Architecture sets reorganization

Old sets

Babylonian
Rename to Mesopotamian; in place of the Hittites and Persians - Assyrians and Sumerians

East Asian
Rename to Far Eastern new civ Funan (Southeast Asian Empire)

Egyptian
Rename to Nile; in place of the Assyrians and Sumerians - new civs Nubians and Lybians

Greek
in place of the Phoenicians - Macedonians and new civ Athenians (rename Greeks to Spartans)

Roman
in place of the Carthaginians, Macedonians and Palmyrans - new civs Etruscans and Illyrians

New sets

Levant

Hittites, Phoenicians, Palmyrans and new civ Israelites

Persian

Persians and new civs Mauryans (Indians), Nabataeans (Arabs) and Armenians

Carthaginian

Carthaginians and new civs Berbers (Numidians) and Iberians

Nomadic

new civs Scythians, Xiongnu (Mongols) and Huns

Celtic

new civs Gauls and Gaels / or Celts (Celts of the British Isles)

Barbaric

new civs Germanians, Goths, Slavs and Dacians

6 BRAND-NEW ARCHITECTURE SETS, TOTAL 11 SETS OF ARCHITECTURE

22 NEW CIVS, TOTAL 38 CIVS

3 Likes

Creating new civs for AoE 1 is very simple. The real job would be to create completely new architecture sets.
It’s nice if there are separate branches in the Technology Tree for each region:

1. Hellenic Technology Tree - Greek and Roman sets
  2. Middle Eastern Technology Tree - Mesopotamian and Persian sets
  3. South Mediterranean Technology Tree - Nile, Carthaginian and Levant sets
  4. Asian Technology Tree - Far Eastern and Nomadic sets
  5. Barbaric Technology Tree - Celtic and Barbaric sets

Of course, I mean a specific branch of Units that would be suited to regions / cultures. The current Units would be subdivided to be in keeping with the history of the regions / cultures. So we would have brand new units for each “Region”. This way, we wouldn’t need any separate UUs for any of the civs.

4 Likes

Love your ideas… thanks for sharing them! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool ideas, @MUTYLATOR5553! It’d be cool to actually see all those civs in-game.

2 Likes

22 new civs? It’s a joke right? :clown_face:
The 16 that we currently have hardly differ, as to add a total of 38 and how many architectures. How many new units do you need to make them slightly different?

Be a bit realistic, a new DLC is unlikely, but if it were, it would have about 4 or 5 civs …

1 Like

The problem is always - and this has been a frequent topic - that it is difficult to add more civs that make sense historically. With Sumerians or Phoenicians as an example, there are already a few that are disreputable. They were one of the first great peoples, but (at least for me) were not empires.

I invite everyone to vote in my four polls on the topic regarding the last update of this game.

Let the developers see what fans of this game want right under their topic !!!

3 Likes

Well most civs in age of empires series aren’t really empires.

3 Likes

Romans, Egyptians, Persians, Assyrians, Chosons, Hittites, Shang, Yamato - yes, I would call them that. Babylonians were culturally too important to leave out. Greeks even more and were a big culture (Minoens and Makedoniens included). With the rest one can argue. But I think that just because there are a few civs that could have been left out, that’s no reason to add more civs that have no business being there.

1 Like

I just read this comment on the 2017 trailer on YouTube, and my eyes got a bit wet :cry:

8 Likes

I saw a YouTube comment like this on Radiohead’s Daydreaming music video of someone’s brother ODing to that song, you know my heart just breaks whenever I see stuff like this. Life is so cruel sometimes. If I could give my life to save this guy’s dad I would.

6 Likes

When I come back to this game, whether playing it or thinking about it in some way, I can’t help but feel how many things can be done to improve it.
Right now, I’m rating this game a solid 7.5 out of 10, but it’s a real shame Microsoft isn’t trying harder to raise the stakes in the game by improving what’s already there, and expanding horizons through paid downloadable content and, somewhat frequent updates to eliminate errors, big to small.

6 Likes

It would be so easy to create new campaigns and 4 new civs

7 Likes

I saw today a dream that Microsoft made some sort of announcement about Age of Empires series, but what grab everyone attention is that there was something which indicated that they were going to make either AoE1DE new expansion or AoM DE. Since it was dream everything is also bit blurry and confusing, but what was clear it was about ancient time.

5 Likes

Literally the two Age of games I am most interested about.

2 Likes

I love Age of Empires I, it was my first ever RTS game and I played it endlessly when I first got it and have tons of fond memories with it but the game hasn’t received an update in years and it really needs some polish. It doesn’t seem you the devs have any interest whatsoever in the game. Why don’t you care about the game that started the franchise?

Snide comment: You know your precious AoE II wouldn’t exist if AoE I wasn’t released first.
Snide meme:

Update: Because of patch 46777, I’d say the devs do care and I think they just forgot about AoE I because of all the AoE II stuff that has been going on.

Update: They’ve forgotten about us again.

13 Likes

At least AGE1 has its pet (the community) which loves it. 11

1 Like

But that’s pretty much all it’s got. :worried:

1 Like

This community sucks compared to the others.

There are members in the AoE I community who would give up everything they’ve got to save the game, and I’m pretty sure that’s something the AoE II community can’t say.