Which area of the world do you think the next dlc should focus on?

• North/Central America
  • South America
  • South/Central Africa
  • East Africa
  • West Africa
  • Middle East
  • South Asia
  • East/Southeast Asia
  • Central Asia/Russia
  • Caucasus
  • Pacific Ocean
  • Europe (Again?!?)
  • I don’t know
  • I don’t care
  • The one place that hasn’t been corrupted by capitalism: Space!

0 voters

Assuming there will be new dlc and the devs will keep the same policy of regional focused dlc that we have since the African Kingdoms, which areas would you like to see get some love next? Obviously with at least two new civs (hopefully more) and three/four campaigns.

1 Like

I picked South Asia due to limited choices, but I’d have picked Asia in general without any specific preference.
Asia is big and was (and is now) the most densely populated area of Earth.
Anything else really pales in confront to it.

2 Likes

I went for Caucasus as usual, still one of the most requested regions alongside Africa and Asia.

I like this view:

I also like the other concepts on the channel

3 Likes

No individual options for either East or Southeast Asia?

I wanted to do a multi choice poll but I forgot halfway through. You can still do a top 3. I didn’t want to make this poll about continents, especially not for Asia considering how diverse it is.

I don’t think I can change it now without breaking the poll. We already got a SEA dlc with RoR anyway, and with East Asia almost done I thought those two may as well be grouped together. I realise with this reasoning I could have put Caucasus, Middle East and/or Central Asia together, though, this poll is far from perfect…

Honestly just delete this post/poll and redo it if you can, the options for the poll are inconsistent in scope (South/Central Africa together, but West and East Africa seperate?), memes (Space really?) or just downright confusing (Pacific Ocean?). The answers you are going to get will be skewed and suspect otherwise

5 Likes

Tbh that Georgian civ is underpowered

1 Like

When are we going to see some North American civs?

1 Like

Also please, the next one should be as far as possible away from Eastern Europe. We’ve got so many of those lately, I would honestly be not happy with a Caucasian one right now.

2 Likes

Would’ve allowed for three options… One is too damn scarce.

3 Likes

Uh… Even though I made it myself, I feel like you’re taking way too seriously a fanmade poll which the devs will most likely never hear about or take into account. I will answer each of your concerns, though.
I mainly grouped Central and South Africa together because it’s the Bantu cultural area and I thought we may as well get the Kongolese, Swahili and Shona civs together. As for the reason why I split West and East Africa apart, it’s mostly because of how widely heterogenous West Africa is in terms of state building cultures. Nigeria alone gave birth to the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo civilisations, each of which rose to prominence in very different ways, and it’s only a fraction of what this region has to offer.
I put the Pacific Ocean as a whole because I know many peuple want Polynesian civs in the game but I doubted Oceania alone could be the basis for a dlc so I thought I may as well open the possibility to put Insulindia together with it. Tagalogs could as well be put there or in a SEA themed dlc, after all. It doesn’t mean I believe such dlc could happen, but if people may want to vote for it I may as well give them the option.
I don’t really see how the meme may skew the results, it’s just an alternative way to say I don’t know/care while maybe having a few people chuckle or smile. I don’t think anyone will take this seriously and think we need to add the Xenomorph to the game no matter how many people vote for this.

2 Likes

They are not Eastern European, Stop putting them together with the European civs.

1 Like

I can only cast 1 vote, I guess I’ll just name the civs here. As most of the posters in this thread already know, the civ I want the most is tibetans so I’ll just rank them by what, in my opinion, the priority should be:

-Tibetans (requested since aoc)
-Chimus and Waris (they both are already in-game in the inca campaign).
-Tamils and Bengalis (one of them is already in game in-multiple campaigns; the other one is a solid candidate).

1 Like

I think the space option is for Tibet.

2 Likes

Communism certainly arrived there tho

If you don’t mind the quality of results you get from this poll good for you, I merely suggested what you should change if you do wish to get higher quality answers.

It is also impossible to never truly know with the devs, they do indeed sometimes read and consider this forum

2 Likes

I picked Middle East. It’s very broadly represented by several civs, obviously Saracens the most, but I think there could easily be an entire expansion set in the Middle East. I’m thinking specifically about the possibility of adding Kurds, Syrians, Georgians, and maybe even Arameans. Most of the conflicts in scenarios that involve the Middle East in some way also involve the Crusaders and the influence of Christianity (which, granted, it’s a huge part of history) but I would really like to see conflicts between the various caliphates that continuously fought for power in that area. So many empires rose and fell between 400-1700ce, not just the Ottomans (aka Turks but only kind of) and the Byzantines but many, many primarily Islamic powers who fought amongst themselves and not just against Christian influence.

It’s also an excuse to give the Turks their own campaign, as they only have a couple of historical battles right now and the Ottoman empire was a gigantic influence on history. There are so many crazy battles to choose from and a handful of really powerful conquerors to follow. I just think it’s really unexplored in AoE2 and we need more camel civs and probably a small buff to camels as well. We have Saracens, Byzantines, Turks, and Persians, and they somehow avoided making a real campaign in the Middle East that focused on itself and didn’t make it all about Christian European influence.

5 Likes

Hopefully never until Asia is left in it’s current state. North America just seems really out of place for aoe2 timeline.

3 Likes