Which Civilization Are You Most Excited to Play?

Now that all the civilizations have been revealed which are you most excited to play?

What civilization are you most excited to play?
  • Abbasid Dynasty
  • Chinese
  • Delhi Sultanate
  • English
  • French
  • Holy Roman Empire
  • Mongols
  • Rus

0 voters

Explain your choice below.

18 Likes

I’m a Slavophile and Eastern European history has always been neglected in history games so I cannot wait to learn more about it all!

7 Likes

Im just really intrigued by the house of wisdom and huge amount if different combinations you can use it to play the game. As well as I am curious how strong the camel buffs are going to be.

5 Likes

VERY hard question. Only think I know is that I wont like playing mongols atm- all else is hard to decide with the current info, I will love to paly EACH civ and check out how diverse I can play within one. Chose HRE though, as that it what most represents germany. And something we dont know much about yet

2 Likes

Mongols. Always been a fan of them.

6 Likes

Delhi Sultanate for the Elephants and free techs. Nuff said.

5 Likes

I mean I certainly liked their Mangudai. But a wall-less nomadic gameplay is not for me^^

2 Likes

We don’t know much about the Holy Roman Empire and the Rus yet, so I’ll ignore them for now.

Either Abbasides or Chinese seem the most interesting for me atm.
Those are coincidentally the two civilisations with unique Age up mechanics.

I picked the Abbasides for now but that can change, so many factors are unknown.
The Chinese architecture needs some work done, it doesn’t look as good as the other civilisations.

But in the end I’ll try all and than actually decide which one I like most.
But in the past I just liked switching between civilisations in all AoE games anyway.

2 Likes

The Abbasids. Then Delhi Sultanate.
Surprised that Mongols have that low number of votes tho with their interesting gameplay.

4 Likes

interesting indeed. but would you want to play a drastically changed gameplay than your good old age? as the very first action? I do not think so.

Since I started to learn Russian and learn about Russian history I am very curious about RUS. Can’t wait for it.

6 Likes

Delhi are one of my top two

6 Likes

which is the second?
by the way i’m exited for abbasid because the saracens in aoe2 were poorly depicted and im optimistic non more the case now

3 Likes

The Abbasid Caliphate

4 Likes

I absolutely want to play mongols, since nomadic gameplay and mass cavalry sounds like a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Definitely Rus as main than HRE and Mongols as sidekicks.

6 Likes

HRE and Abbasid Dynasty

2 Likes

The Mongols because their playstyle looks the most unique. I also want to play an aggressive strategy in multiplayer, because I tend to find success more often in that style.

2 Likes

It is a lot of fun! The Mongols are cool, and I really like their breath of fresh air.

4 Likes

How come no one picked Franks this time?

2 Likes