Which Civilization Are You Most Excited to Play?

while I do like their potential, I would rather go with a “new” civ, albeit the HRE technically isnt that new :wink: I guess most ppl tend to try new stuff first

1 Like

French, because of their knights! :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:
My second pick would be English/Holy Roman Empire.

6 Likes

Yeah, the French is awesome in AoE 4! :star_struck:

6 Likes

I am excited for all of them but the top 3 are 1) Mongols , 2) Delhi , 3) Abbasids

3 Likes

i think this is the first positive thing andy has said about the game :laughing:

4 Likes

sorry to be a wet blanket. it comes from a place of love, believe me. the people making this franchise are doing god’s work. and I do try to point out everything I like about the publicly released information, too.

The Mongol design is cool. It’s very different from any other civ in any AoE game, and I think it’s a good moment in the game to see that.

4 Likes

Definitely Rus and HRE :heart_eyes: :heart:

I hope that the HRE civ will really represent the entire HRE, not just the Germans. I am counting on tremendous ethnic diversity in this civ!

7 Likes

I’m curious what you’d be looking for from the HRE to give you the ethnic diversity you are describing.

Units speaking multiple languages, combined technologies (weapons and things) and architectures, different flags

3 Likes

If you think HRE was not diverse, then you don’t know the history at all … That’s the basis.

No wonder the Chinese are last with 4% lol. Their buildings need remake asap.

Um, I wasn’t making a single statement about a darn thing. I was merely asking you for info about your civ design preferences.

8 Likes

I’m surprised that Chinese are at the bottom of the list. They have many unique units and they seem to fit the turtle style that many people enjoy. It’s funny that the two civilization we know nothing about are at the top. i want to see how people have their minds changed once we know more. It looks like no one civilization stands out as being most popular which is a good sign. Having more diverse opponents in online matches is good.

5 Likes

The chinese architecture looks fine but their player color in the most recent video was ugly. I hope we can modify player colors like in Age 3.

1 Like

Yeah they seem to have so many different unique units and with the dynasties I can imagine a powerful late game assuming the dynasties stack, if they don’t stack then Chinese late game should still be good because of lots of powerful unique units.

1 Like

Something looks off with them that’s not present in the rest of the civs. Their teal roofs or the multi colored buildings. As was put elsewhere, they lack cohesion.
Compare them to the chinese architecture in aoe3. This one looks much better

6 Likes

that would be amazing, sadly rthough I doubt that

HRE civ could have units speaking different languages ​​(thus representing the HRE nations). It’s nice if the HRE would also have a slightly similar mechanic to the Chinese (similar to the choice of the dynasty, but instead the choice of the state - where would the emperor come from?).

I think that the description of this civ should clearly tell about the multinationality of HRE, and some Unique Units could be able to typically eg: Czech - Hussite Wagon; or Dutch - Flemish Militia.

2 Likes

thats what I would wish for - a system similar to dynasties. But for now, IO doubt that because it would make the civs less assymetric

It seems to me like players are (very understandably but also a bit naively) projecting their desires for how the civs should be designed onto the civs to decide which ones they are most excited about. I totally get that, though it’ll of course make this thread not age very well.

5 Likes