Which civs would you like to see added first in DLC?

Me too, together with Byzantines, so much stories to tell.

First DLC: Byzantines and Ottoman Empire/Turks
(Clash of Superpowers and End of Middle Ages DLC)

Second DLC: Indians and Persians
(The Timeless Civilizations DLC)

Third DLC: Japanese and Mali
(Civilization at the Edge of Known World DLC)

Fourth DLC: Inca and Aztecs
(Clash of the Worlds DLC)

Honorable mention: I really hope the game can also accomodate Spain, Vietnam, Italians (why not, HRE wasn’t a single state either), TIBET, Hungary / Poland after that if possible. Vikings are present as very important mercenaries in the Byzantine army.

1 Like

Actually Japan did prevent the second Mongol invasion with active combat on their mainland. Not only did Japan hold off against 100,000 Mongolian and Korean infantry, but also 50,000 serf Chinese warriors from the newly acquisition of Southern China. The Mongol Horde began having supply problems and fled back to their ships. The bad weather made retreating a death sentence, and made the Japan clans the victors. If Japan didn’t hold their own, the Mongols would have gained a foothold in their land, storms or not. The only thing the storms did was make a third invasion a lot less enticing, not like the Mongols where having a shortage of people to throw at their enemies.

1 Like

You could make a good campaign with the Mongol invasion of Japan

1 Like

You’re correct, Japan did hold their turf against the Mongol attempt at a beachhead, forcing their retreat. Merit must be given for sure. But I only said Japan was not the first, nor the most impressive to defeat Mongols, it’s not even comparable, the Mamluks ANNIHILATED the Mongols several times, even famously dismembering the Mongol commander, because of their previous genocide:

:arrow_up:

Very well, but this doesn’t diminish the concept of Japan being added as a worthy faction for this game. Also one thing not mentioned was how Japan was successfully pirating Mongolian seas the Mongols, the iconic raiding faction of AoE where themselves, being raided.

2 Likes

Agreed, I would add the Ottomans first just because they were a bigger power but Japan is worth adding and a lot people want to see them added

3 Likes

Sure not, as I said I want Japan too, check my plan above:
:arrow_up:

I mentioned it can be solidly argued against, since Japan was never an empire in AoE4 time (so wasn’t English), in fact Japan wasn’t even a country most of the time, and had very limited contact and interaction.

2 Likes

Yeah, there is clearly some bending of the rules to include historically minor factions, simply because of popularity. It gives me hope for a Teutonic faction in the future.

True but tricky. They kind of assumed English were popular, and yes they’re often played. But that’s because it’s the easiest civ to play. I haven’t heard ONE single person say it’s an amazing civ concept. Even Europeans say English bonuses make no sense. Teutons aren’t big but they could be much more unique, innovative than English perhaps? I don’t know, you can tell me.

Map of Europe the year Age of Empires 4 officially ends:

OBS. Transylvania, Wallachia and Moldavia are shown as countries, but they were European vassals of the Ottoman Empire then.

2 Likes

On your map, “Prussia” is essentially what the Teutons morphed into during their decline and transformation from Catholicism to Lutheranism. Another fun fact is before the Napoleon Wars, Prussia invented the baseline for the modern marching drills all nations use still to this day. However anything past 16th century will probably not be added into the game.

1 Like

There were 100 years left before the birth of Catherine 2 :laughing:

Hungarian Kingdom isnt on the map, but it existed.

1 Like

I suggest chandra gupta , or gupta Empire .

:x:
No. Hungary the “FORTRESS of Europe” was famous for its legendary military force that defeated the Mongols, but Hungary -and European allies- was OBLITERATED by the Ottoman Empire’s massive firepower at MOHACS 1526. This map is 1648 (about the year AoE4 officially ends), a long time after Mohacs, but the Kingdom of Hungary still DID NOT exist then.

I have much respect for Hungary though; it deserves to be in AoE4 as much, or more, than the English. It was the strongest fighting force in Europe for centuries.

Transylvania, Wallachia and Moldova are shown on the map, but were European vassals of the Ottoman Empire, which even had vassals in Indonesia, the Indian Ocean, Atlantic Africa and was the world’s greatest Power at the time AoE4 was over (time shown in map).

eh yes there where, they an emperor in the entire periode, in fact before the samurais japan wasn’t too different from places like china but with the rise of the samurais the country saw nobel families control more and more of the country in the provinces by themselves, with the gempei war the result was now regional warlords rather than a central government controlling the individual provinces.

if japan didn’t exist then the different warlords wouldnt have cared for the emperor nor the shogun but thats not what we find.

if you are extremely generous it ends in 1644 and well nobody around the ottomans go that late, my end date is somewhere around 1500-1550. like we dont even see any real guns in the game.

that’s straight up wrong.

1 Like

Japan and maratahs/Gupta’s would be good civs to add

After the defeat of the Battle of Mohács in 1526, the Kingdom of Hungary became part of the Habsburg Empire (then the Austrian Empire from 1804) until the Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1867. With the double royal election following the battle of Mohács, the medieval Kingdom of Hungary was divided into two parts, and after the Turkish hands of Buda in 1541, the part of the country owned by Emperor Ferdinand I continued statehood. Until the end of the Turkish occupation, the country was also called Royal Hungary.

1 Like

1.11haromreszre_szakadas

1 Like

So, instead of adding the Eastern Roman Empire (coloquially known as the Byzantines), which lasted until the very end of the Middle Ages, you’re suggesting adding the Roman Empire as a whole even though they’re a Classic Antiquity thing, with the Western part, Roma itself included, falling right before the period the game is covering?

I mean, if the Roman Republic could be a thing in Age of Empires IV, then the game would stop having a medieval setting. Let’s add nazis, and the British Empire, and Mesopotamia and Egypt too. Everything goes!

3 Likes