Which civs would you like to see added first in DLC?

Japan (a feudal japan campaign would be really fun).

Mayan (not aztec because they’re not the same era as aoe4)

Vikings (or Norse /Danes/Scandinavians, they appear in the Normand campaign so why not have their own civ).

3 Likes

Turks are a must. Even i don’t like them.

3 Likes

Norsemen. But some sort of Americas/African Civ would be interesting, with how AoE4 gives so many unique bonuses and ways of gameplay to each Civ.

1 Like

Byzantines and Turks are the big 2 that are missing right now. Any other civ would be second-rate at best when it comes to historical importance, plus both could have interesting gameplay features. They would be absolutely necessary for a campaign during the crusades, in addition of fighting each other.

Some cool things could be done with the Vikings but they just aren’t in the same scale when it comes to historical importance.

Aztecs or other American civs are too isolated, there is no way they would be here without adding the Spanish. The Japanese are also quite isolated compared to other civs too.

6 Likes

Japanese are isolated, but they have some really interesting historical medieval wars in between themselves that would be really fun to play, and they have samouraï.

But i agree for Turks and byzantine.

3 Likes

My poll for future DLCs got taken down because some guy thought it was misleading because the civ he wanted wasn’t at the top. But moderators have to do their job I guess (don’t want to annoy them after coming off almost a 2 month ban, heh)

My top civs that I want to see (in the order listed)
Byzantines
Norse
Incas
Aztecs
Turks
Khmer
Japanese
Another Indian civ
Polish

The list could go on probably but those are my top ones

4 Likes

Spanish is more important than those two…

3 Likes

One good mechanic for American civs could be to hide their buildings on the stealth forest.

1 Like

How much of this spam are we gonna get? Do people have nothing to do? How many topics are going to be created on this useless fantasy stuff??

5 Likes

I don’t think add new middle age civilization is useful, it will unbalance civilizations. But add era is a better choice. and add epoch will add other civilizations from those eras. from prehistoric to future. I think one expansion with 8 civilizations per epoch. maybe with one or two campaign in.

EDIT : oh, I just missed to read your recommendation about shut my mouth if I want no more middle age civilization, ok I get out of here :grin:

1 Like

Not in the timeline of AOE2. The Spanish were mainly the Reconquista until 1492, then they exploded into a superpower in the 16th century by conquering the Americas and making some marriage alliances.

Byzantium and the Seljuks then Ottomans were major powers for much longer during the Middle Ages.

4 Likes

I think the Iroquois Confederacy would make a really cool civ.

I often see comments about how the first nations didn’t really advance technically through the ages, but if I had a chance to design them, I’d be more interested in the trade and cooperation aspects of their empire.

Perhaps similar to the House of Wisdom, they could build a ‘meeting ground’ to which they pay food and gold to host envoys of other tribes. You could select which tribe to host as your “Landmark”, and they would construct an embassy wing around the meeting ground during your age up. There would be some cool post-imperial aspects you could play into with getting all the tribes, maybe unlock the mounted long rifle as a super late game unit ala the Grenadier

Maybe you could have different Bean / Corn / Squash farm tribes and if you collected all 3 you fulfill the Three Sisters Legend and get manza bonanza food returns, letting you rock a much smaller, more efficient eco and churn out way wider military forces.

Plus who doesn’t want to see some toned abs and ankles on their vills, everybody from Eurasia is bundled up like a russian doll

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes, totally love those ideas. And the thing with the people that want no more civs, those are the sweaty esports people that want the game to be like Starcraft, but that takes away from what makes civilization so much fun. And it’s not like they can’t have more unique civs and balance them too. Even if it isn’t balanced perfectly, i would much prefer AoE to be more about fun than sweaty competitiveness. I mean, look at AoE3. LOTS of unique civs with unique units and people still loved multiplayer. I don’t want AoE to turn into an esport RTS where every match looks exactly the same. The fact that all the maps are randomly generated already makes it unviable for an esports game, but I LOVE that feature. Every match is different even if it’s the same map and same civs because the map is never the same.

I think this could be the best AoE ever. We will just have to see what all they add and change. I am very excited and impatient about it. I wish they would give us a roadmap.

1 Like

Yes, gimme all of em. What would the other indian civ be? I’m not the most knowledgeable about history.

I suggest for you to mind your business.

Tamils and Bengalis are really good candidates.
So a civ based on one of those would be good imo.

4 Likes

Oooooo would they be civs that would use chakrams?? I think I remember chakrams used in AoE3 from units from one of the tribes you could ally with. I think one of them even threw flaming chakrams if you researched one of their techs and it did amazing AoE damage.

1 Like

Dunno, I just know 1 is not enough for the entire Indian subcontinent

2 Likes

Here is what xPizzaSamuraixD suggested.

1 Like

The Iroquois just don’t fit the AOE4 timeline. With the exception of the Vinlandsaga which was historically insignificant, the first contact with other ingame civs would be the early 17th century. I’m not even sure if the Aztecs had long-distance trading that far away. Their place would be in an AOE that has the same time period as AOE3 but not in a medieval game.

1 Like