Which civs would you like to see added first in DLC?

I think this is real wisdom. I strictly force myself to see real, historical significance, material and potential to be transformed into a MASTERPIECE CIV to make AoE4 immortal, not childish “I like or not like”. Amazing, world-iconic Turks / Ottoman Empire is a must in “Age of Empires”, you’re right. Period.

I even made a Topic about Persia in addition to the Turks /Ottoman Empire because it does have incredible potential too. Check it out.

2 Likes

Perfect words, no need to add anything.

@DukeOfLorraine is a member of the forum that has big knowledge about History and a notion of material for gameplay elements. You are invited to visit and give ideas / suggestions / corrections to our Topic:

The clash of these 2 AoE4-time superpowers defined the Era. And it also epically ended the Middle Ages in 1453.

I’d love to see Spain - Conquistadors and Armadas - unique Gold tributes or slave traders (not sure if Microsoft is too woke to address all that, but warhammer total war has slave trade and the like).

3 Likes

This is true again. Spain got lucky ticket to New World “colonial big power” in the last century of AoE4, but Byzantium and Seljuk-Ottoman Empires were far more important than Spain at the heart of world empires for much longer in Age of Empires time. And also richer, more unique in personality.

1 Like

Spain should still come at some point, possibly together with Berbers/Moors/Andalusians, but yeah, Turks and Byzantines should definitely be in the very first update.

2 Likes

I don’t think political correctness is an issue. You can play as Genghis Khan in this game, no need to look any further :wink:

1 Like

What we need right now is definitely not new civs but a balance to all the existed civs

2 Likes

Spanish deserves to be in age IV just because of tercios… The best infantry that dominated Europe.

2 Likes

:+1: :joy:
Nailed it.

Sadly tercios were only formed in 1534 which is at the very end of the timeline and mostly relevant beyond it, being considered very strong until 1643 and disbanded in 1704.

I wouldn’t expect the Spanish to have them in AOE4. They should be more representative of the Reconquista then in the imperial age have conquistadores as a gunpowder-heavy army.

Ottomans are boring… Cannons civs are boring…

2 Likes

A giant monster bombard is not boring, and the Ottomans had a well balanced army with good infantry (janissaries) and cavalry (sipahis). Plus, the Seljuks were also known for their horse archers

2 Likes

You’re dreaming.

They just have a different methodology for what is politically incorrect. They base it on how much whining surrounds a particular thing.

I don’t hear people whining about the Mongols every other day.

2 Likes

Because the Mongols did not go further than Eastern Europe, but I’ve heard Genghis Khan is still hated in some of the countries he conquered, like China or Iran.

Genghis Khan is in the controversial club of people with a higher body count than Hitler, so is Tamerlane for the covered time frame. So barring the conquistadores would be absurd by any coherent metric. Even if we blame them for introducing smallpox in the Americas, the Mongols have the Black Death on their side. And it’s obvious the devs care about history. I don’t think they would cut such content at the risk of angering their fans (especially with its weight in Iberia and Latin America) just to appease some who would not have bought the game anyway.

The changes in AOE3 DE which was released one year ago for the American civs (including the new Inca civ so they even expanded it) were mostly making them more historically accurate, they will not cut such content.

I would like spain to be added. It was fun in aoe2.

3 Likes

You assume that people are using coherent metrics. Ok.

Never heard any human being ever whine about Tamerlane in my life. Don’t even know who that is, because nobody cares and I never had to google it before, because it never came up, ever.

I still put my vote for any of the Baltic factions: Danes, Novgorod, Poland, Teutonic Order, Lithuania, Cumans ect ect.

If you are sick of Europe civs than perhaps some groups from Africa, Kingdom of the Gongo, the Bantu, the Zulus, Ethiopia. There are some really cool throwing weapons, as well as interwoven cloth armor, so thick it could be classified as heavy.

1 Like

The Teutonic Order is somewhat an extension of the HRE and Novgorod is Russian so they can be covered by the Rus. It depends on how many civs the devs plan to make in the game but a Polish-Lithianian civ could be interesting, with a religious conversion mechanism

Tamerlane is like a second coming of Genghis, he devastated everything from Russia to India and from Central Asia to Anatolia in the late 14th century. You can play as him in AOE2 DE.

Anyway any objection about putting conquistadores in AOE4 would be objectively negligible. People who want History censored do not buy historical games anyway.

Then they better add something Teutonic to them or else I will assume it is still up in the air. At least change the current knight model to look like a ritterbruder. Like seriously, the Teutonic order might be a Germanic templar group backed by the palpal states and the HRE, but it was its own animal. Doing things like declaring Novgorod a threat to further its existence in the region. The faction is more Templar than HRE.

Even a paid dlc to make all my buildings red bricked for 20$, I will pay it please relic