• Wari
  • Wyandot/Huron
  • Zapotec
  • Other(s)
  • I don’t know
  • I don’t care
  • None

0 voters

Second poll, how many factions do you think should be added to this region?

• 1-2
  • 3-4
  • 5-6
  • 7+
  • I don’t know
  • I don’t care
  • None

0 voters

So, here’s yet another one of my polls, this time about the American continent. I think that this one will be particularly divisive, as many people want the addition of factions for which we have not much source before the 17th century to the point I even renounced the idea of listing relevant states for each civ because in some cases there may be none.
I also have to admit that precolonial Americas are a huge blind spot in my historical knowledge, so civs far more interesting that those I listed may have been missed. Don’t hesitate to pick the “Other(s)” option and talk about it.

2 Likes

Which faction do you want? I agree that they are 17th Century.

I have to admit, you do a good job to find a lot of nations and stuff most people have never heard of.

I would say 2 more for South America, make the Incas a new Andean architecture to share with the Chimu and another like Mapuche or Wari. Two more for Mesoamerica, maybe Tarascans and Chichimec or Mixtecs. If we do North America, the only civs I really see working are Missipppian and Pueblo, though we have limited knowledge of their warfare. I don’t think going into the northern woodland or plains would fit AoE2 style

2 Likes

I would say 2 more for Mexico and 2 more in and around the Inca Empire, I would especially like the Chimu and the Chichimecas, and then I guess the Chankas (partially to make the Pachacutec campaign more interesting) and either the Zapotecs or the Mixtecs.

Thanks. Everything can be found on wikipedia, to be honest x)

I agree with you on pretty much everything. I don’t even think I would include any North American native civ, though I’d say we need way more of them in AoE3.

Where are Muiscas???

2 Likes

You’re right, I missed those ones and they could actually be a better addition that a few of those I listed. I’m sorry, polls can’t be edited without losing previous answers. There’s still the “other’s” option, if there are several civs not in the list that people want to see added I may add a second poll to sort those out.

I just ended up picking the central and south american ones I best recognize. About 4-5 of the Mesoamerican ones, because of stuff I’ve researched for possible campaign creation. I don’t know enough about most of the north american nations to make an informed decision on what I would vote for, although I recognize several names.

heh, what about iroquis?

They are in the poll: Haudenosaunee/Iroquois

I put “others” for the Muisca
Would love to see:

• Muisca
  • Mapuche
  • Chimu
  • Wari

And

• Tarascans
  • Zapotecs
  • Tlaxcaltecs
  • Toltecs

Wouldn’t mind Mississippians, Haudenosaunee or Puebloans for North America if people want them, but don’t really understand the reasoning for Apache.

thx bro, can i vote again xd ?

Center of Colombia. Funny that El Dorado is an muisca legend, but is a mayans tech

Yes. Just click the “Show Vote” button, and change/add you new vote.

1 Like

Any South American and Central A,erican civs would be great. I long to have the Mezzo battles more spiced up.