- Abkhazian (Kingdom of Abkhazia, 778-1008)
- Afghan (Ghurid Empire, 879-1215)
- Alan/Scythian (Alania, 9th c.-13th c.)
- Armenian (Kingdom of Armenia, 885-1045; Cilicia, 1080-1375)
- Avar (Kingdom of Sarir, 5th c.-12th c.; Avar Khanate 13th c.-1864; possibly Avar Khaganate, 567-822)
- Azeri (Qara Qoyunlu, 1374-1468; Aq Qoyunlu, 1378-1503)
- Baloch (Khanate of Kalat, 1512-1839)
- Bedouin (Rashidun Caliphate, 632-661; Quarmatian Republic, 899-1077)
- Chagatai (Chagatai Khanate/Moghulistan, 1228-1487)
- Circassian (Grand Principalty of Circassia, 1427-1453)
- Crusader/Outremer (Kingdom of Jerusalem, 1099-1291; Principalty of Antioch, 1098-1268)
- Georgian (Iberia, 588-1008; Kingdom of Georgia, 1008-1490)
- Göktürk (Göktürk Khaganate, 552-603)
- Hephtalite (Imperial Hephtalites, 442-560)
- Khitan (Great Liao/Khitan Empire, 916-1125; Qara Khitai, 1125-1218)
- Kazakh (Kazakh Khanate, 1465-1847)
- Khazar (Khazar Khaganate, 650-969)
- Kurds (Shaddadids, 951-1199; Rawadids, 955-1070; Marwanids, 983-1085)
- Kyrgyz (Yenisei Kyrgyz Khaganate, 840-1207)
- Levantine/Syrian (Umayyad Caliphate, 661-750, Abbasid Caliphate, 750-1258)
- Omani (Imamate of Oman, 751-1959)
- Pecheneg (Pecheneg Khaganate, 860-1091)
- Sogdian (city states, 6th c. BCE-11th c. AD; Samanid Empire, 819-999)
- Tajik (Kart, 1244-1381)
- Uyghur (Uyghur Khaganate, 744-840; Ganzhou Uyghur Kingdom, 894-1036)
- Uzbek (Uzbek Khanate, 1428-1471
- Yemeni (Himyarite Kingdom, 110 BCE-570 CE; Sulayhids, 1047-1138; Rasulids, 1229-1454; Tahirids, 1454-1517)
- I don’t know
- I don’t care
Second poll, how many factions do you think should be added to this region?
- I don’t know
- I don’t care
As announced in my poll about Sout Asia, here is a second one regarding civs you think should be added to “West” Asia. For context, this area covers the Middle East, the Caucasus, Central Asia (including the Tarim Basin) and the Pontic Steppe, and yes, I know nobody else uses this subdivision. It was just more a pratical way to group together Turkic, Iranian and Arabic cultural areas and their close/enclaved neighbours.
This time I’ve put at least one exemple of a relevant state to represent each civ in this time period, though a few of them may have been a stretch. I hope it helps you tell who’s who in some case, and that it doesn’t damage the poll’s readability.
A few things I need to mention or reiterate:
- Again, I don’t pretend to know everything there is to know about this area and time period. I may have forgotten, overlooked or never heard about important informations about the matter at hand. Don’t hesitate to point it out if you think something is missing.
- It goes without saying that just because I put one civ in this poll doesn’t mean I support its addition to the game, I just tried to be as exhaustive as I could. Noticeably, I put a lot of Arabic factions in this poll because many people are asking for a Saracen split and I’m not really sure what they want to see in game (I didn’t put Egyptians in for the simple reason that the current Saracens represent medieval Egypt better than anything else).
- As I already said in my previous poll, I picked those civs without taking into account how they should be represented in game, I think it’s up to you to think about those things while voting especially since you may know more about a specific civ than I do.
- Yes, Afghans and Baloch are back from my South Asian poll, because they are relevant for both areas and could be put in a dlc covering either of those. Likewise, some of the factions in the current poll will be there again if I ever do a poll for East Asia.