Which has better graphics, AoE3 DE or AoE4?

You decide.
Crew on artillery?

19 Likes

AGE of Empires 3 definitive edition without doubt

68 Likes

I think I would say say AoE 3 de

29 Likes

Age of empires 3 has a more mature and serious color palette, and better proportions. Water is more dynamic and realistic, but let’s wait and see what the final product is like, which although it is not ugly, ironically age of empires 3 surpasses it in this regard.

27 Likes

Age IV. Age 3 didn’t need any graphic overhaul. Now whenever I play Age 3 DE my eyes hurt from all the bloom and the terrain just hide some of the colors well, so you have to look pretty much all the time at the screen without blinking.

29 Likes

age 4.

Its just more beautiful for me especially structures.

Age3 DE looks neat aswell, and maybe technically better, but from my personal view, I like the graphics in age 4 better. I love the somewhat washed out, painting like look it has. It calms me down.
Age 3 on the other hand seems “edgy” to me graphicswise. makes me feel drushed, but that may also be because of the gae 3 originals gameplay

37 Likes

AOE3 DE has the better graphics when still (screenshots), AOE4 has the better graphics when moving (playing game).

13 Likes

About graphics : AOE 4 > AOE 3 DE.

14 Likes

Age 4 , the environment is beautiful AF

34 Likes

Aoe 4 has better graphics for buildings(accept scaling), environment, Terrain etc but units looks bit Cartoonish. aoe 3 has more realistic graphics.

18 Likes

If you will see both games for the first time, which will you think is the newer one?

For me, AoE3 DE really has better Graphics than AoE4. It is because of the atmosphere and maturity of AoE3 DE
design.

13 Likes

We won’t know until we got it in our hands and from what we all know they could give us an ultra textures DLC pack to download.

5 Likes

for me aoe4 , the cartoony style with traces of realism combines perfectly .

46 Likes

i probably wouldnt be able to tell because of different art styles. In the end however age 3 DE also ist just a year “younger” than age4.

2 Likes

ah, a beautiful and peaceful shot. Like many of age 4. I just dig that art so much more than age 3 :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ve no real opinion and like both equally .

4 Likes

As much I have seen from videos I would say AoE3DE, which is sad because I would expect AoE4 which is next AoE game to have better graphics than previous one.

11 Likes

Yes, Simply this but we could Hope for some big Graphic Updates or DLC at launch

2 Likes

I prefer aoe4 because the landscape looks very nice.

7 Likes

Its just sad that’s it even a question. But it is what it is.

5 Likes