Which is your favorite civilization and why?

Don’t forget to vote for your favourite civ and leave a comment :smiley:

strawpoll.me/13310277

Romans because Roma Invicta.

@UnknownMortal said:
Persians

A ) +30% hunting
B ) War Elephant, Armored Elephant, Elephant Archer units 50% faster
C ) Trireme +30% fire rate

Im with you, Persians are my favorite.

Minoans are my favorite. I visited Greece during college for a couple months back in the early 2000s and spent a couple weeks on the isle of Crete. I did a school report on the ancient Minoans at the time and Age of Empires heavily influenced me. I also am partial to playing as “archers” so the Minoan civilization is appealing to me.

Choson. You may know why I pick this country.

I vote meaty Palmyrans… come on they are hard working people with fast camels and CA

I like Assyrian a lot on land map due to its great archer bonus and Yamato for water map.

This question is difficult to answer because i am split between both the Roman empire and the Yamato. Both were extremely pleasing to play, both had unique trees in the game in terms of advancement. I lean more so towards Yamato due to the campaign mission. Babylonians actually hit this marker as well…it is very difficult to decide.

I have a deep and abiding love for the Egyptians, mainly because I adore ancient Egyptian history and culture. Plus how can you beat that CA + scythe + priest combo in Iron. Priests WOLOLO everything that’s too slow, CAs spit everything else full of arrows, scythes mop up the rest. Game over man, game over!

Digs the topic up ones more

Hittites, because they offer a lot of cool options for cavalry play, and that’s a style I really want to learn to use better. Speed as a weapon. Extra range on their (mostly good in bronze age) navy is a very trololo extra, especially since their stone throwers are already so good and this just leaves no safe places on the whole map, and their name is hilarious to any 10 year old in Dutch. (Yes, it literally translates to hit titties.) Their main weakness are priests which I’m not that big on to begin with. Egyptians are pretty cool too, their chariot bonuses give a similar effect, encouraging cavalry play. I also really like fast civs, early eco bonuses, that’s another thing I want to get better with, so the Yamato, being a fast cavalry civ, are also near the top of my list. Especially since the faster villagers encourage exploration, which is cool.

I fully intend to play enough that my preferences can shift heavily in the coming time though. But for now, Hittites.