Which unique wonders for ROR civs?

Does this structure have a destruction animation?

A civ wouldn’t take much credit for a natural wonder.

What about the Terracotta Army, built by Qin Shi Huang (around 200 ACN) ? The Qin dynasty was short-lived but had a lasting impact on China.

1 Like

Of course it can be… you can put a monument with terracotta soldiers all stacked…

Assyrians - Royal palace of Ashurpanibal/Royal library of Ashurbanipal
Babylonians - Tower of Marduk (AKA Tower of Babel) - most iconic and legendary Babylonian structure - already a wonder, fine as it is.
Carthaginians - Acropolis of Byrsa (Carthage harbour is a fine idea, however all wonders are built on land and what if there is no water on the map, kinda doesn’t make sense).
Egyptians - fine as it is.
Greek - Colossus of Rhodes?? (fine as it is)
Hittite - Royal archive at Hattusa (or royal palace).
Macedonian - Pella palace
Minoans - Palace of Knossos/Labyrinth of the Minotaur (second less likely)
Palmyrans - Temple of Bel
Persians - Palace of Persepolis/Susa
Phoenicians - Temple of B’aal (not to be confused with Temple of Bel, different monument of different gods)
Romans - fine as it is
Sumerians - Ziggurat of Ur
Choson/Yamato/Shang/Viet - East asia friends help here.

I have ideas for other buildings/monuments as unique scenario buildings objects(like we have in AOE2) They include:
7 Wonders of the world -IMO add 4 of them: Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Temple of Zeus, Lighthouse of Alexandria, Temple of Artemis.
These 3 are not needed:
Pyramid/Colossus - already in the game. Hanging gardens of Babylon - not proved that they actually existed.
Egyptian unique structures: Mastaba, Sphinx, Bent Pyramid, Mausoleum, Sun Temple, Saqqara Pyramid (different graphics), Royal burial tomb (like we had in the Valley of kings in Luxor), Obelisk.
Mesopotamian - Generiz Ziggurat ( different structure from the Specifical Sumerian wonder - Ziggurat of Ur), Gate of Ishtar, Gardens of Nineveh, Ziggurat of Uruk.

Greek - Acropolis, Agora.
Roman - Amphiteatre, Senate, Forum.

Will add more suggestions when i have the time.

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=Co+Loa+Citadel

2 Likes

Sadly not.

For Yamato, Daisenryo Kofun – scaled down quite a bit.

1 Like

For civs yet added…

Scythians: there are several statues or you can use a burial Kurgan/mound

Celt: since this series isnt afraid to copy paste from “defunct” AoEO and call it original take the Celtic wonder from that game, the Tree of life. If Celts are split into different groups then just give it to one of them or whatever.

Teutons/Goths/Franks/etc: Carved Runestones. Give the stones different shapes and carvings for each faction.

Nubians: mini Pyramid Group. Unlike egypt, Nubian pyramids were smaller and more stacked together.

Axumites: Ark of the Covenant shrine thing?

Mayan/Olmecs: different meso steppe pyramids.

Xiongnu: Tongwancheng Structure. They had cities despte being horse nomads.

Numidians: lots of mausoleums take your pick.

Well the portuguese wonder in AOE2, the Tower of Belem, is a fortress built on the shoreline.

I think the megalith of Newgrange makes more sense. Or, if the Celts represent all the people of Britannia, Stonehenge.

I suggest this for Yamato: Hōryū-ji - Wikipedia
It reminds me of the Aoe 1 asian architecture.

Shang: Deer Terrace Pavilion

isnt it from Megalith Culture?

Yes, Fortress.
We are talking about a water port here. Makes no sense for me to build a port in waterless area.

if you look at what remains of the real one, it looks like they dug the port into the shore. So it was still built on land, technically.

Wonders from AoEO:

• Possessing one for a period of time leads to victory in player vs. player combat or skirmish. (Wonder Victory)

Passive Bonuses in PvP and Champion Mode

• +20% Damage for all Military Units
  • +20% Maximum Range for all Ranged and Siege Units
  • +30% Fortress Health

History

It is believed the in-game construction imitates the chryselephantine (made from gold and ivory) statue of Zeus from the sanctuary of Olympia, considered one of the seven wonders of the antique wolrd.

• +20 Maximum Population Cap (provided by the Wonder itself)
  • +30% Health for all Barracks units
  • +30% Movement Speed for all Barracks units
  • +3.0/s Health Regen. for all Barracks units

• +40% Movement Speed for all Military units
  • +40% Movement Speed for Villagers and Caravans
  • +40.0 Gold per second

• -15% Training Time for all Military units
  • +10% Movement Speed for all Military units
  • +10% Damage for all Military units
  • +25% Bonus Damage vs. Buildings for all Military units

• +15.0 Food per second
  • +15.0 Wood per second
  • +15% Train/Research Rate
  • +50% Villager Build/Repair Rate

• +15% Bonus Damage Protection for all Military Units
  • +30% Attack Rate for all Infantry units
  • +50% Building Construction Speed for all Infantry units
  • +1 Chief build limit

• +25% Damage for all Siege Units
  • +50% Bonus Damage vs. Buildings for all Military Units except Siege
  • -1 Population Count for all Praetorium units. (here you could make urbanism develop automatically with the construction of the wonder)…
1 Like

I am well aware. Its a game I play and used to conceptualize future civs for.

This seems like an odd choice to me. What does the Tree of Life have to do with Celts?

Both too old, and neither of them Celtic, as far as I know. (On the other hand, I don’t have any better suggestions.)

Thats a question for the devs of AoEO

The Celtic god Lugus was associated with the Celtic version of the tree of life.

2 Likes