Who else preordered the game?

Just preordered Age of empires definitive edition so keen :open_mouth: anyone else excited ?

is there any pre-order bonus?

Not yet for two reasons.

1. I don’t have money right now to spend on games.
  2. I haven’t received open beta invite yet, for me to test it out.

Just did.

of course i pre ordered! hypehypehype

I may do that if I’ll be able to play the beta or a demo before release. I don’t like buying stuff blindly because I always want to avoid buggy or badly performing games. Guess AoE DE will be just fine though, the system reqs indicate multithreading support so chances are it won’t stutter as badly as AoE2 HD can.

Pre-ordered pretty much right when it landed

I also would like to know if there is a preorder bonus :smiley:

I never pay for anything before I know exactly what I’m getting, so no, I haven’t pre-ordered it.

If anyone hasn’t checked their rucksack from the Cologne event last night, there’s a voucher for a free pre-order in the inside pocket :). Still no beta invite though as far as I can see but haven’t registered the code as winging my way to London for work - knackered!

@qweytr24 said:
I never pay for anything before I know exactly what I’m getting, so no, I haven’t pre-ordered it.

Well since it pretty much the same exact game as the original we probably know about 90% of what were going to get.

I’m very much looking forward to the game and I’m optimistic it’ll be good, but the money is currently needed elsewhere and I’d like to see facts, not promises before I buy something. Preordering has some merits, even for the customer, but buying something out of hype is speaking to a lack of impulse control that shouldn’t be celebrated. (Except for the promotional guys, they can celebrate)

@SmokingCoalman said:

@qweytr24 said:

Well since it pretty much the same exact game as the original we probably know about 90% of what were going to get.

When it comes to features, yes. But the AoM remake had a lot of bugs in it and the same can happen here. I am confident that the semi-open beta system will help them iron out any major bugs, but I won’t pay for the game before I know that’s the case.

I see no real reason for me to preorder. It will still be for sale on release, and there are no preorder bonuses as far as I’m aware.

I think I’ll stick to the policy of waiting until release, and keep my money until then.

@Pyefam said:
Not yet for two reasons.

LOL open beta doesn’t require an invitation that’s why it’s called open. Closed beta on the other hand does.

I’m gonna pre-order it soon, the game is pretty cheap and is well priced regionally +1 and btw I have Win 10 on my Laptop but soon I’ll gonna upgrade my OS on PC as well so I can play it on my desktop :smile:

Hahahah, I did instantly. Now we just wait.

@Fetandrey said:

@Pyefam said:
Not yet for two reasons.

LOL open beta doesn’t require an invitation that’s why it’s called open. Closed beta on the other hand does.

You need to still be invited first, even a open beta, there is always limited placements.

@Pyefam said:

@Fetandrey said:

@Pyefam said:
Not yet for two reasons.

You need to still be invited first, even a open beta, there is always limited placements.

What are you talking about? Open beta is when anyone who wants can download and play the game. If you need an invitation to play it’s a closed beta.

I just pre-ordered it.

I thought I’d be overly happy… But having to use the Windows Store was a shameful and sobering experience…